Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Light um up!!!

"What about altered-wheelbase Funny Cars? Incredibly popular between 1964 and 1967, they represent the historic first pairing of extensively lightened Detroit body shells with insane levels of horsepower."

From www.hotrod.com





 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,634 Posts
I'm getting X for all the pics you post.

Above is what I posted the first time. Then I submitted and what do you know. The pic showed up. Awesome. My computer is a POS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,890 Posts
TreCool626 said:
I'm getting X for all the pics you post.

Above is what I posted the first time. Then I submitted and what do you know. The pic showed up. Awesome. My computer is a POS.
I got X but I waited and after about 2 seconds they loaded.

Pretty cool!:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
Joined
·
12,668 Posts
Damn that thing was probably hard to go down the track with.Times sure have changed.
 

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
Joined
·
39,527 Posts
I've always liked the old altered and gassers. I grew up with them. Nothing like an old altered lifting the wheels for over an 1/8 mile:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,067 Posts
I'd love to have that in the drive way and fire it up at about 5:30 AM on a Sunday morning, stab the pedal a few times just to "clean it out", all just to piss off the neighbors...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,634 Posts
stilcrazee said:
I'd love to have that in the drive way and fire it up at about 5:30 AM on a Sunday morning, stab the pedal a few times just to "clean it out", all just to piss off the neighbors...
That sounds like something I'd do. Not on purpose though. I wouldn't get up extra early just to do it. My dad is always telling me to calm down in town(my town is really little only about 300 people, most of them old). If I had that thing I'd definitely be in jail.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,035 Posts
the engine pic

that has to be theverry first of it before it ever wound up wow is it clean
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,067 Posts
TreCool626 said:
That sounds like something I'd do. Not on purpose though. I wouldn't get up extra early just to do it. My dad is always telling me to calm down in town(my town is really little only about 300 people, most of them old). If I had that thing I'd definitely be in jail.
Oh mine would be on purpose...I have some real asswipe, nose in the air neighbors..not all but a few.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,027 Posts
stilcrazee said:
I'd love to have that in the drive way and fire it up at about 5:30 AM on a Sunday morning, stab the pedal a few times just to "clean it out", all just to piss off the neighbors...
:rolling: :rolling:
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
32,974 Posts
There is a 55 Chevy that comes to our local car show like that. I love them. If it weren't for bad driveablty I would build one.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,627 Posts
raidmagic said:
There is a 55 Chevy that comes to our local car show like that. I love them. If it weren't for bad driveablty I would build one.

They are fun to look at tho. :)
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top