Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was carving off the inch thick layer of crap off my engine yesterday and right at the back of the block, one on either side, were these little brackets I've never noticed before. They were both attached by a single bolt each and were sticking out from the block, 90 degrees to the centre line. Each bracket is like a 2 prong fork. Are they something to do with the original spark plug lead holders or something? If so, what else is missing? If not, what are they?

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

·
Registered
738 Posts
POS, lose em

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Banned
125 Posts
Why's that? I tried to remove my leads and they were tie wrapped everywhere to keep them off the exhaust. I would have thought that those brackets might actually work...
If your running non-stock shorter wires over the top of valvecovers their useless.
If your running stock length wires under the exhaust with lower shielding and through the motor mounts they work good.

·
Registered
738 Posts
True, I just never did like the way the stock wires were run. Over the top is a lot better IMHO

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If your running non-stock shorter wires over the top of valvecovers their useless.
If your running stock length wires under the exhaust with lower shielding and through the motor mounts they work good.
True, I just never did like the way the stock wires were run. Over the top is a lot better IMHO
Good point. Mine were about 2 yards long each and they ran over the top, behind something, around something else yadda yadda yadda and were tie wrapped every couple of inches!

Just over the top will be good... :thumbsup:

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
:crazy: :lookinup:

The reason the wires were run, under the exhaust and in that wrapping was to limit the static on AM radio....

who the hell even HAS a working AM radio anymore?? much less listen to it??

antiquated tech....

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
...who the hell even HAS a working AM radio anymore?? much less listen to it??

antiquated tech....
I've actually been looking around eBay for an original radio, with the thought of gutting it and somehow using the facia in front of a new cd player/FM radio but the prices of the damn things are outrageous :WTF

1 - 9 of 9 Posts