Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey bro's, ponder this...
Drove for a while today, then made a stop at the local supermarket. After jumpin back in, while pulling out of the parking lot it sounded like I was driving on a gravel road or maybe even a small tree limb was stuck under the carriage :WTF . Pulled over and everything was free from under the car. Put 'er in reverse and did not hear anything, went back to drive and there the sound was again. I eased 'er home and the sound was constant. Checked under the hood and all belts are fine. When I got home, pressure washed the under-carriage just in case something was there. Took 'er back out for a test up the block, still there :crazy: .The gravel sound seems to be right under the gear shift. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem ? Thanks for the input....:cheers:

·
Registered
174 Posts
could be in the trans too. bad bearing or gear only makes the noise when you load it a certain way like going forward and not backwards. :(

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for all of your help :partyon: after lifting 'er up and examination, found out what the problem was.....a vine was wrapped aroud the drive shaft :nuts: ...Needless to say after some landscaping, we're back rollin':thumbsup: .

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Now that was an easy fix :partyon:

I had a sticker on one of the tires, that makes funny noises too :crazy:
flap-flap-flap

:rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
flap-flap-flap

:rolling: :rolling:

Exactly.... it happened when I bought new tires. I didn't make it very far... turned around and asked them to test drive and tell me wtf is going on with the new tires.... they got it back on the lift and then saw the sticker that they didn't take off the tire :rolling: :laughing:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It just says you've got great ears :laughing: But that vine slapping, I thought the drive shaft was comin' through. Glad that was all, went ahead and replaced my power steering control valve since I had 'er down had a SLIGHT leak :down: It's great to wake up with a dry garage floor, or dry period :smack

1 - 8 of 8 Posts