Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
yep, a true paddle shifted manual....

i do not see it ever making its way into a production vette, simply due to the cost and complexity of the system

·
Banned
359 Posts
yep, a true paddle shifted manual....

i do not see it ever making its way into a production vette, simply due to the cost and complexity of the system
Ferarri, Lambo, Porsche, BMW, Audi, and even Nissan, why can't GM?

·
Formerly DOC7000
4,513 Posts
I can see them doing this to a last edition Corvette z06, drop the weight gain some horsepower and the carbon package and Z07 package and boom.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I think it's less Likely.
The Transmission is a GT Spec Sequential.
Roughly $30,000 for the one in the Racer.

The one used before the "paddle" was also a Sequential that used the Clutch only for initial acceleration from a stop and not used at any other time.

It made for seamless shifts and downshifts with out heel toe.
This new transmission is the same but ditched the clutch & lever for electro actuated paddles. (Called The XTRAC Sequential)

Not saying it's impossible but just less likely to appear in a Z.

If GM made the transmission in house I would be more inclined to agree...

·
Formerly DOC7000
4,513 Posts
I can see it more likely that such a transmission or something similar will find its way into the C7.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
There may be DCT in C7, but I have a strong feeling that there will be traditional shiter as well.

And I believe there will be an EPB (electronic parking brake), like the ones in CTS-V.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
There may be DCT in C7, but I have a strong feeling that there will be traditional shiter as well.

And I believe there will be an EPB (electronic parking brake), like the ones in CTS-V.
Don't think the c6 will see it
Hope the c7 !
If ford can do it, why not GM ?

·
Formerly DOC7000
4,513 Posts
DCTs are being put on compact cars now days which has a price much lower then that of the Corvette. I don't see how GM can't manage to put it on the Corvette at least the C7 model.

Ive always stated that GM lacks foresight in many things that they do.

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
My wife's car (Peugeot 308SW) has a manual paddle shift ... and it hauls triplets ... so why can't the vette have one? :huh:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts