Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a white 08 Z51 coupe.Lately I've had a dose of mod.fever. I was thinking about hood stripes .What do you guys think? No stripes? Torch red stripes. carbon fiber stripes,blue stripes, or maybe something subdued like a very lite mint green. let me know what you guys think thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Patrick,thats a cool site.I like the Z06 COM stripes ,now Ijust have to figure out what color. Got any suggestions? I want something a little different.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I know your car is white and mine is black, but this is what I did with mine. I went with a subtle color difference so it didn't look to ricer. I get a lot of compliments, this is full sun, in dim or dark light the stripes are about invisible.

You can't really tell from the pics, but the stripe goes over the roof and trunk...stops at rear brake light/factory spolier.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is nice. I'am tempted to go with either a real light grey,or like a very light mint green.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At one time I was considering orange,but thats awful flamboyant, black is over done, red in over done,I kinda like c5 electron blue...HELP! I'm open to any suggestions,

·
Registered
162 Posts
Not sure if you've contemplated any other mods; colored calipers for example that would "enhance" the stripe package your interested in. Perhaps something to consider as well.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
I had a white Camaro years ago and I put Blue stripes on it and it looked pretty sharp. Personally though, if you do stripes I'd paint em on or pay more for higher quality decal material. Decal stripes can sometimes shrink and fade in the sun (the ones I had were poor quality.)

Just my experience for what it's worth.;)

·
Registered
C7 2015, torch red, Z51, 7 speed manual
1,065 Posts
I had originally done a decal similar to the C5, see my avatar.
I asked for good materials.

After about 3 years the red turned to pink and the silver started flaking out.

I started again but had the stripes painted back on. I need to post a more recent picture but I like the 2-tone look.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Look on Autotrimdesign.com, they have a variety of striping packages. For white, I like Black with red accents. I did my DSOM 2005 and it was amazing... the car looked naked without them! The nicest thing about a decal is that you can always remove it if you don't really like it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys, yeah painted brake calipers are on the list,thats another problem,cant decide if i want red ,yellow,silver or black, or something tricky. I guess i'm open for suggestions on that too.:crazy:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts