Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha gang, i'm thinking of some stripes. Ive seen the few basic kits out there, if you have a pic to post, that would be great. If you did it yourself, can i get some details? Heres my car, i'm thinking either darker silver (shadow stripes), or black stripes.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Sorry no help on the stripes, but I was wondering did you paint the front fascia? I like it.

Also, I think a silver stripe slightly darker than the color you have would look sick. And I'm thinking 1 fat stripe down the center would be cool.. Can't wait to see what you decide on. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry no help on the stripes, but I was wondering did you paint the front fascia? I like it.

Also, I think a silver stripe slightly darker than the color you have would look sick. And I'm thinking 1 fat stripe down the center would be cool.. Can't wait to see what you decide on. :thumbsup:
yep, painted the front and rear, didnt like the rear, so put it back to stock. I think i'll keep the front like this. Heres an pic just after it was done.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Silver shadow checkerboard on mine. Passenger front and driver's side rear. Love it.

Pictures should be attached or you can look in my gallery.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Attachments

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice... both cars look really nice.. How do theyt hold up? No peeling edges etc?

Accident?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nice... both cars look really nice.. How do theyt hold up? No peeling edges etc?

Accident?

Pickup Truck + Parking lot =

Now it looks like this

After three years they started to fade no edge problems.The car is a daily driver so it sees sun and rain

·
Registered
673 Posts
I don't have any peeling edges at this time. And I have A LOT of edges. Its been on about a year so far.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Not a C5, but I installed mine myself. Charcoal Gray Metallic. They appear brighter in these photos, but usually they are much more subtle. At night you can't even see them.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
By far, the best stripes I ever saw on a C5 was more of a pin stripe. This color scheme kicks major ass!

I think it belongs to a guy named Chris.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,563 Posts
That is a killer paint scheme Junk!

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
I know. If I ever do a total repaint, I'm stealing it! :devil:

·
Registered
673 Posts
By far, the best stripes I ever saw on a C5 was more of a pin stripe. This color scheme kicks major ass!

I think it belongs to a guy named Chris.
Very nice looking car. I like the front end and license plate delete. However I wonder why the rear brake ducts were deleted? Smoothing out the lines I suppose?

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
The brake ducts are still there... if you're talking about the rear, I think this was a Coupe with the back converted to a hard top.

·
Registered
673 Posts
The brake ducts are still there... if you're talking about the rear, I think this was a Coupe with the back converted to a hard top.
Yeah the back ones. Didn't realize it was a conversion. Nice looking car in any case.

·
Registered
109 Posts
That paint scheme reminds me of the late 70s rally sport paint job on camaros. I had a 77 camaro silver on bottom red rally sport on top.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Its not a 98-99 hardtop? If I recall correctly the hardtops did not get the rear brake ducts until the Z06 in 2000

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Its not a 98-99 hardtop? If I recall correctly the hardtops did not get the rear brake ducts until the Z06 in 2000
I'm thinking he did the conversion mod but you could be correct. I don't remember the details. It was a while back. I had a picture that would have told me what he did but I lost the drive that had that picture.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts