Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

The wife was helping me install some headers and sidepipes last night....what a woman!.....:thumbsup:

Anyway,
She doesn't want me to install mufflers in the pipes...:thud:

I'm just wondering....for those of you that put STS baffles in....is the tone deeper with the baffles in or out?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
The baffles made mine more quiet, but I didn't have ANYTHING in there before. I put baffles in because, a: I didn't really want to attract more attention that the car already does from the guys with badges, and b: I couldn't really hear anything else when it was running.

As far as your bride goes, it's great that she's helping. Put it all together and start it with open pipes. That'll make her happy and when it rattles the dishes in the house, she'll understand why you need something.

:cheers:

·
Registered
816 Posts
I prefer the baffles to open pipes because the rpms don't fall off as quick as with the open pipes. The baffles are loud when you want them to be, by way of the right foot. And can be modified to be louder if thats what you want. (and what I'll be doing)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Everyone needs to run their side pipes without mufflers once in their life just to get it out of their system. After 5 minutes on the highway, you will have had enough and will opt for a set of STS baffles.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I drove less than a quarter mile and set off 4-5 car alarms... well, the neighbors did not like it too much.... I like the sound but it is way too loud without mufflers.

·
DC Crew
3,083 Posts
have aset of new hooker side pipes and headers jet coated !! with sts baffles inside [ not drilled out >>yes i think at times sound like a blown muffler damm hush my mouth !! and at times can be loud >> but also great at say 65 mph
ENOUGH SAID !!!!

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the headers and side pipes finished up last night........

...and started it up....

Holy crap what a nice tone!:thumbsup:

No baffles in..........yet:D

·
Registered
1,343 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup...that's is just how mine sound without baffles...good video:thumbsup: thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
Go with the STS. My buddy is running them without any baffle - and it is just too darn loud. I have had the Hooker glasspack inserts, and the STS. The STS wins...hands down. I also drilled the cap out 3/4" the last time I had them apart. They are a bit more rhaspy now at high RPM. They sound just plain wicked bad...but not enough loud to have my neighbors toss me out.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Was that a TV I saw in the garage?
Oh yeah, thats a tv. And the garage has heat and air, fridge, parking for about 5 cars. Tons of tools, plenty of room, internet. Its the basement at my buddies house. We have worked on the gray corvette there for the last year or so getting it back together.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts