Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the plugged Pipe face toward the exhaust exit or the engine. Or does it matter, anyone know?
Cheers..

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
For what it's worth, I put mine in with the plugs to the exit so I could get to them without ripping the whole thing apart. A couple others said that they put theirs in the other way.

Maybe JCL will jump in and let us know for sure.

:cheers:

·
Registered
816 Posts
The plug end goes up near the collector the open end is at the back. Says so in the instructions.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I got a box with 2 baffles that were zip tied together, some packaging and that's it. I went with my best guess and I was wrong. Oh well. I'm NOT right all the time, but my average is still pretty good.

·
Registered
816 Posts
As long as it sounds and runs good, that's all that matters.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well, let's see if I can help.

69vettester. As per the directions the capped end goes at the INLET end, or closest to the engine.

TimAT. What you have done is create a kind of reverse flow muffler. The exhaust has to go down the center tube, AND also back up the tube to go out. RESTRICTION............ Not good.........
Also Tim did you get the hardware bag. If you got the bag, then I know you got directions. If you didn't get these PLEASE call or e-mail me.........

Crimonwake is correct with the caps at the inlet end, but with them at the opposite end.............RESTRICTION

Hope this helps........ANY questions guys, CALL or E-MAIL me...
Thanks, JCL

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
Well, let's see if I can help.

69vettester. As per the directions the capped end goes at the INLET end, or closest to the engine.

TimAT. What you have done is create a kind of reverse flow muffler. The exhaust has to go down the center tube, AND also back up the tube to go out. RESTRICTION............ Not good.........
Also Tim did you get the hardware bag. If you got the bag, then I know you got directions. If you didn't get these PLEASE call or e-mail me.........

Crimonwake is correct with the caps at the inlet end, but with them at the opposite end.............RESTRICTION

Hope this helps........ANY questions guys, CALL or E-MAIL me...
Thanks, JCL
Hey Jim, glad you made your way over here to DC! I've heard a lot of good things about the baffles and plan to purchase some when I get my sidepipes :thumbsup:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I gotta Take em off and turn em the right way. :smack
But Not immediatly, It seems to be tuned and running fine!

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Well I gotta Take em off and turn em the right way. :smack
But Not immediatly, It seems to be tuned and running fine!
:thud:

Me too. But I've got to get home first. And that's a month away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts