Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
So deciding not to read informational or instructional materials, that describe how to use items you've purchased, and then being confounded as a result, is justification for getting rid of those items. :laughing:

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
While I agree the owner and especially the Chevy dealer should have known how to unlock the doors, I have to say that if this can happen then it is a stupid design.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I can think of worse places to be stuck in than a new ZR1.......

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I have a good friend that had the same experience in his CaddyVette. We all get a good laugh now and then at his expense for this. He, too, is VERY wealthy, has several nice cars, and does not like to read. His story is funny in that he lives alone, but on the day this happened his maid was there cleaning the house. She does not speak English, and the story about how he cell phoned her and got her down to the basement to hook up a battery charger could be a SNL skit.

And, I agree. Some people should drive 20 year old F150's. Not too techee.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
I had to rescue someone from their C6 in 95 degree weather once. He had been in there for quite some time and was starting to panic. It was rediculous that he didn't know how to get out, but it still illustrates how obsurd those door buttons are. What if someone else drives your car or you rent a Corvette on a trip? I don't typically read the owners manual for my rental car. You shouldn't need instructions on how to get out of the vehicle.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Wonder if the genius ever found out about the manual release? If then I wonder how stupid he would feel.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A similar thing happened @ the Mid Ohio race a couple years ago in a C6 on static display. Guy got in and couldn't get out. Probably a Porsche fan.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts