Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello and good day to all.my problem is my key is stuck in the ignition.the key is in and will start the car.however when i shut the car off the key will not go back to the off possition so that i can remove the key.the car is in park,its an auto.i allso notice the push button on the selector does not seem to come up all the way in park as it does in the other positions.please help,as im getting quite frustrated.thank you pilot 1955..

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Do you have a service manual for the car? I suspect you'll wind up pulling the ignition switch and replacing.

There MIGHT be a relationship between the Park position and the stuck key, but it seems more likely that you have a trashed ignition switch.

When did this start, and were there any indications that you were heading for this problem?

Steven

·
Registered
205 Posts
My 93 auto dose this all the time. I have to jiggle the **** out of the shitter till the botton pops up some. Then you can turn the key the rest of the way back and remove your key.

Hope this works for ya.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I have to jiggle the **** out of the shitter till the botton pops up some. Then you can turn the key the rest of the way back and remove your key.
:agree:
There is a cable that runs from the shifter to key.
It means you have to put shifter in Park before you can remove key
Sounds like time for some lube and adjustment

·
Registered
386 Posts
Sometimes I have to turn my steering wheel to get it out.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Sometimes I have to turn my steering wheel to get it out.
... or turn the column by hand on the steering wheel. I had that same problem on my El Camino when I bought it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts