Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Extra Crispy
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my 66 to a guy that had been calling me every week for 10 months. I told him it was not for sale. He always asked me what I thought it was worth. I told him that I had no idea what it was worth and I did not really want to sale it. After 10 months of saying no no no he shot me a somewhat shocking price. I stumbled around and ask him if it would be cash or check. He paid me off in cash and checks, each in $4,500 increments. Said that the Government didn’t pay much attention to transactions under $5,000.00? :excited: I seemed somewhat happy with the cash until I handed over the keys and he drove it away. :( I had it stored in an airport hanger, to get out you need to head out the gate then the road comes back beside the hanger. I heard him heading down the road and thought that the car sounded good when it went by. That’s when I thought to myself “Dumbass”. :nuts: I now wish that I had not done this. Anybody else do this?:(

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
B66vette said:
I sold my 66 to a guy that had been calling me every week for 10 months. I told him it was not for sale. He always asked me what I thought it was worth. I told him that I had no idea what it was worth and I did not really want to sale it. After 10 months of saying no no no he shot me a somewhat shocking price. I stumbled around and ask him if it would be cash or check. He paid me off in cash and checks, each in $4,500 increments. Said that the Government didn’t pay much attention to transactions under $5,000.00? :excited: I seemed somewhat happy with the cash until I handed over the keys and he drove it away. :( I had it stored in an airport hanger, to get out you need to head out the gate then the road comes back beside the hanger. I heard him heading down the road and thought that the car sounded good when it went by. That’s when I thought to myself “Dumbass”. :nuts: I now wish that I had not done this. Anybody else do this?:(
I hope those checks clear!

So, how much would you have taken for the car? That's AWESOME that you got more than you thought you could!:surprised

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
C6?

·
Extra Crispy
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
C6 has to grow on me awhile yet. I guess I will fix up the 84 alittle more. It needs lots of cosmetic work. My wife thinks I have too many "Toys". Both my wife and my Dad seem to think it was a good thing. Like "What did you need it for?" "You only drove it 500 miles last year. " "How many toys do you need" I am sure you have heard it all before. I like driving the 66 over the 84, even tho the 84 was more powerful. Got lots of looks with the 66.....and it did not have a computer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts