Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the stupidest thing you have ever done to your vette? I have 2...The first I dropped my top on the rear quarter ...I chipped the paint bad (before I repainted it thank god)! The second was while re assembling the car after new paint I dropped one of the strut's that holds the back window up & chipped the paint (very small hardly noticable) ....So anyone else do somthing stupid to thier vette?:nuts:

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Stupidist thing I have ever done to my Vette.... hmmm.

The stupidist thing I did to the black Vette? Well, not thinking of walking through flames to try to pop the hood and put the fire out.

The second stupid thing was not thinking that I could have tried to start it before the fire got to the interior, and crash backwards through my garage door so it could burn in the street and not in my house.

The stupidist thing I've done with the GS was not paying attention to trucks on the highway. I have two nice sized rock chips in my windshield as a result of driving too close.

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
I got 2 stupid things.

1st was a few months after I took ownership 4 years ago. I was taking the Vette to storage and the wife was in front of me in the van. Some guy in a Porshe got in front of me at a 4 way stop and then he proceded to cut my wife off so bad that she had to slam on the brakes and move to the shoulder of the road. I took off after him and cut his ass off and would not let him get by me. We were coming up on slower traffic and I wasn't going to let him get way out in front of the few cars coming so I gunned it to about 120 mph, got in front of the 2 cars and had to really get on the brakes b/c more traffic was coming and going slower. I ended up doing a 180, then back around, and ended up on the gravel shoulder 180 again. That day I learned the limits of my Vette and self control. I really wanted to bloody him up real good, all just for cutting off my wife. :rolleyes: I've chilled out some since. ;)

The other was recent. I have a low ceiling in the garage which means the garage door is low too. I went to open the garage door when the hood was up on the Vette, nose facing the door, and I CLOBBERED the hood! Took out a nice chunk of paint on that one. :(

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Made a nice scratch in my rear deck while putting my convertible top up, missed the hole for the latch pin. :( :(

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
War Machine said:
I went to open the garage door when the hood was up on the Vette, nose facing the door, and I CLOBBERED the hood! Took out a nice chunk of paint on that one. :(
I came pretty close to doing that last year. This is the reason why I DO NOT back into the garage anymore!

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Well I didn’t do it but when mine was at the shop. One of the lot tech's was bring it up for the oil change. He had the door open and it hit I nice heavy flower pot. Took a nice chunk out of the door. That sucked pretty bad.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I dropped my top (into the car) while putting it on and broke the top and cut the center consle door.

While cleaning under the hood and checking all my fluids I put my radiator cap on my front tire. I then decided it ws to hot outside so I backed up into my garage. I drove over the radiator cap bending it to **** and cut my tire.

I think that's the dumbest thing I've done with the Vette.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought of another stupid thing I did....I left the oil cap on my air cleaner & closed the hood...I cracked the paint & fiberglass(before re paint) !:surprised :nuts:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Put slicks on my car and tried launching it at 5K....snapped the axle like a potato chip :D

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Punched it while driving in traffic in the rain. It hadn't rained for a while so the roads were oily. Spun about 270 deg. and hit a curb. I had gotten my a-molds about 2 weeks before. :nuts:

·
Registered
990 Posts
when I picked up my vette, I couldn't get the emg. brake off so I drove it about 50 feet before I got out and asked the dealer to show me. ME DUMB. Then the next morning I opened the hood and couldn't get it down. The arrow showed a twist ( I thought) so I kept twisting ME DUMB. Finally called the dealer and he told me how "you pull it to the side" and his tone said "you dumb ass". Really sounded that way when I called him back later and asked how to get the gas lid open :laughing: :laughing:

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Michael Malone Smith said:
when I picked up my vette, I couldn't get the emg. brake off so I drove it about 50 feet before I got out and asked the dealer to show me. ME DUMB. Then the next morning I opened the hood and couldn't get it down. The arrow showed a twist ( I thought) so I kept twisting ME DUMB. Finally called the dealer and he told me how "you pull it to the side" and his tone said "you dumb ass". Really sounded that way when I called him back later and asked how to get the gas lid open :laughing: :laughing:
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :nuts:

·
Liftin' the fronts
2,261 Posts
I went for a tour and picnic, then I found a great parking spot that nobody had. It was great nobody to open doors into the old heap. After a good meal I discovered that nobody parked there because the light pole had this huge lamp that the sea gulls loved to stand on. The car got (inside and out) white-washed and so did my wife. Yup when you park look overhead aswell.;)

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Bob W said:
I went for a tour and picnic, then I found a great parking spot that nobody had. It was great nobody to open doors into the old heap. After a good meal I discovered that nobody parked there because the light pole had this huge lamp that the sea gulls loved to stand on. The car got (inside and out) white-washed and so did my wife. Yup when you park look overhead aswell.;)
I'd go back... and get even!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts