Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you all think about the new STI? I was thinking of getting one next year for my winter toy as itll be perfect with the AWD...

Im a vette man at heart but this would be great in the snow...

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
man,those cars (not the STI)are all over this island.they think there the fastest car ever made:rolleyes: i raced a stock one and he ran 14.9.:laughing: there is one that hits 12s now and then,but its nitrous cam etc...the STI i think runs 13.4 (magazine anyway)but i don't really care for them,but it's your money and if you want it,get it;) if i ever live in the snow again,i would probably get some kinda big truck,just in case it got real nasty.if you get one,post pics and time slips when you can:smokin:

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
I looked at that car when I was looking for a second car.

I think it's a fun little car, good bang for the buck. But, I think the cars performance is continually over-rated by the media and folks who own it.

The blue is a cool color.:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
The Mitubishi counter part has been rated as a better car. According to Car and Driver. They did a shoot out on them the Mitsubishi out ran it in both the quarter and a ralley type deal.
It's a cool looking car though. I like the race version with the square headlights.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Might be fun to play with, not sure I'd want to buy one tho. Like hawaii 5-lo said, I'd rather have a good four wheel drive truck.

:)

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
they are featuring this car in the local paper today.all this talk about performance,and they don't print one single number for this car,lateral G's,1/4 mile-nothing.for 31,000:surprised you get no radio and no floor mats,nothing but seats and carpet.the more i learn about this car,the more i think,no way.can buy a killer used C5 for that money.i have raced many "regular WRXs",most on the freeway,there in the mirror looking like there in reverse,i'm at 140mph already,time to slow down.maybe theres something else you can buy to play around with.:smokin:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im a car freak so the truck idea is out...Ive been reading also that the sti is experiencing detonation sometimes so it seems they have some bugs to work out on that car...Ill still keep checkin the dealers and websites to get some more ideas...As far as the standard wrx, my buddy has one and tt got down to a 14.1 @ 100 bone stock. It was nice and cool that day also. Hmmmm maybe a snow mobile perhaps :partyon: :laughing:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Patrick posted a picture of a C3 monster 4x4.i think it was for sale on e-bay,can't remember for sure.just kidding.maybe Jessie James has his pooper,i mean mini-copper snow moble for sale,i think it did about 65mph on snow.:laughing:don't know man,keep looking i quess.let us know what you come up with.thats pretty good for your friends ride to go 14.1,thats only 1 second behind a stock C5,which is what 6 or 7 car lenghts,i don't know,now that i think about it,all wheel drive with a turbo running 14s,actually thats not that impressive,no offense intended to your friend though.i've raced maybe 4 stock ones at the track,they were all between 14.9 to 15.1.they do jump right out there to about a 5 car lead,then i blow by at about half track.of coarse its a well known fact the shitty hawaii track is .3 to .5 tenths slower than the mainland tracks.thats why i don't like to get into 1/4 mile time discussions,if you haven't raced here its hard to understand.coral reef under track,moisture seeps through,always high humidity,and the track surface sucks.theres wrecks all the time.on fathers day a 8 second camero crashed at 160 mph.alot of people wreck right at the starting line also.my buddy got side ways before the 60 ft marker.thats why street racing is rampant in hawaii,better traction.anyway i'm bored at work if you can't tell :laughing: :smokin:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Subaru WRX STI

Loggins1 said:
Yes but you cant beat its 4.6 0-60..
not on this track:laughing:
if you can get a 2.3 60 ft time(street tires)then it's a good night.the track is that bad.:down: but there going to build a new motorsports complex:thumbsup: :smokin:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Subaru WRX STI

racer rich said:
But my Viper can! :nuts:
theres a super-charged 2003 viper that runs here on street tires.his best time is 11.87,Hawaiian Punch on this forum,has seen him run also.hes kicked off the track right now for running 11s without a cage,as well as our friend swimmer,11s,convertable Lambo orange Z06.i'm telling you all,this track sucks,i can get those numbers on ashpalt,(the street)but not our track.you can rent(next time you come here on vacation) a viper or,Lambo,or,Ferrari', $900 bucks a day.take it out on friday night street nights.good times.:smokin:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah different tracks do give different times. Ive seen many cars run drastically different times at different tracks when everything else is the same...

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Subaru WRX STI

Loggins1 said:
Yes but you cant beat its 4.6 0-60..
i'm pretty sure thats the identical 0-60 as a stock C-5,and thats not even the C-5s strengh.:laughing: but i'm sure some people out there like it....:smokin:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts