Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I did my audio/nav overhaul a few weeks ago, I've been bothered by the unfinshed look of the trunk, it looked good, just not 100%. So I came up with a little mod to complete the job.

I modified the center compartment cover by cutting a hole, slightly bigger than the diameter of the sub in the stealthbox below it, being careful not to damage the carpet to keep a finished look. Then I installed a killer chrome grill from a larger sub onto the cover, now the speaker is protected, and the trunk has a cool completed look!

:excited:

here's a couple pics...

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Patrick said:
That sub grill looks like a bear trap.:partyon:
wish it was, that'd teach the touchy feelies at the car shows:laughing:

the grill actually had a center piece, but I took it off, thought it looks meaner without it:devil:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yea that looks awesome, like something out of SAW.

Hey Raidmagic, how ya feeling about Michael Huff? I am glad we passed on Leinart, he would not have done to good in our vertical game.

Sorry did'nt mean to hijack the thread but the draft has got me feeling a little :excited: and :down:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
raidersfan said:
Yea that looks awesome, like something out of SAW.

Hey Raidmagic, how ya feeling about Michael Huff? I am glad we passed on Leinart, he would not have done to good in our vertical game.

Sorry did'nt mean to hijack the thread but the draft has got me feeling a little :excited: and :down:
I was really hoping that Vince Young would have fallen to us but it appears they are happy with Arron Brooks. I think the Huff pick was great, let's just keep him for more than a year or two. I'm glad that Woodson is gone but I hated they got rid of Phillip Buchanan and Tory James.

Now back to your reguarly scheduled thread...:laughing:

·
Registered
510 Posts
Ever since I did my audio/nav overhaul a few weeks ago, I've been bothered by the unfinshed look of the trunk, it looked good, just not 100%. So I came up with a little mod to complete the job.

I modified the center compartment cover by cutting a hole, slightly bigger than the diameter of the sub in the stealthbox below it, being careful not to damage the carpet to keep a finished look. Then I installed a killer chrome grill from a larger sub onto the cover, now the speaker is protected, and the trunk has a cool completed look!

:excited:

Where did you get that grill? Ive been looking for one simular to that for mine.:partyon:

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Patrick said:
LOOKIN' GOOD! That sub grill looks like a bear trap.:partyon:

No No No, it isn't a subwoofer grill or a bear trap, it's a Z06 high performance cooking grill that heats George Forman hamburgers faster than the Mohamid Ally shuffle! It works great to throw a few shrimps on the bar-b while sitting around at the car shows, the car not only looks good but it smells good also! :laughing:

EFE Z06

·
The Punisher
7,092 Posts
Awesome......simply AWESOME!:cheers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts