Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the weekend I took care of a few random things on the vette and cleaned everything thoroughly for the first time. It such a great weekend that I couldnt help taking the woman out for a spin last night, the weather was perfect! I keep the car in a garage a few miles from where I live so we drove over there, I give the car a once over (as always), turn her on, and pull the headlight knob. The headlights bang up with the power of a perfect vacuum system, but there is a problem. The garage wall is hardly lit up. :crazy: I put them up and down a few times to no avail. I get out to see whats up. The fog lights are giving me what little light I have, but neither headlight bulb is on. My conscience (read "my girlfriend") talks me out of driving around anyway, which in retrospect was probably a good idea even though things are rather bright here in chicago at night. We had to drive home without a much anticipated cruise. :down:

But that brings me to the problem.

I found thisthread after I got home and it seems to be my problem. Im going to check the wires coming off of the starter to make sure they arent burned up and that im making a good connection. A few weeks ago I was under there cleaning up all the contacts and I may have somehow gotten a bad connection or missed a wire.

I feel really stupid asking this question but i have been unable to find the answer. Where the heck is the highbeam switch? Its a '70 with a '78 interior. I know its there and I know they work because I was standing in front of the car when the previous owner demonstrated them. I just figured it was obvious how to actuate them.

:cheers:

·
DC Crew
12,249 Posts
I feel really stupid asking this question but i have been unable to find the answer. Where the heck is the highbeam switch? Its a '70 with a '78 interior.

:cheers:
:laughing:

You are dating yourself youngster. The dimmer switch is under the carpet on the floor on the left! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They should have put it in the glove box, at least I would have found it there! :laughing:
Thanks

Yeah im only 24. My car is 12 years older than me. :rolling:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts