Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any of you guys have had any problems with your sun visor. I have a telescoping sun visor on the driver side. And the damn thing keeps moving down on me when Im driving.

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Originally posted by snipcod ...<br>
I was wondering if any of you guys have had any problems with your sun visor. I have a telescoping sun visor on the driver side. And the damn thing keeps moving down on me when Im driving.<br>
i've notice that problem on my dad's 80...but don't use the sunvisors often

·
Registered
23 Posts
My visors are very hard to move, on another note has anyone seen the price on the replacement visor mirror for an 81? Man that seems kind of ridiculous but might have to bite the bullet.

·
Registered
749 Posts
my driver's side always falls down too...doc rebuild has the parts to fix them...i'm just too lazy to do it.

passenger vanity mirror? they must be made of gold...cheapest i've seen them was about 90 bucks and as hi as 120 bucks. hardly worth it...there has to be another chevy visor that is similar..no? the damn door on the vanity mirror broke on mine..rest is still there.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have gotten the eckler's kit to fix it. And it did for a little bit. So I think im going to take it off again. And put a pice of tape beween the plastic and the metel. I hope that will do it. Cause it is pissing me off.

·
Registered
0 Posts
On my 84 the passanger side would always fall dowd! WTF!:nuts: I bought new ones in Carlisle & never had a problem since...Sounds like you need new ones!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
77 Posts
From what I understand, you have to get a new mount to keep it from falling. I also have an '82 with falling visor on the drivers side. Passanger side holds fine, go figure. I have mine turned toward the windshield, tucked above the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
283 Posts
The rod that holds it slides through a metal tube in the visor. What about sliding the rod out half way and carefully crimping down on the tube a little with pliers and something to keep the pliers from chaffing it, push the rod back in?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts