Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how the mirrors are supposed to be held in the sunvisors? My pass side in the 2002 is hanging away at the top and I can't see how it was originally held in place

·
Registered
914 Posts
I had a loose one also. It looked as though the plastic mirror bezel has legs on it that protrude through holes in the sun visor center material. the plastic legs looked to be melted at the ends so they could not pull back through. My car had several that had pulled through due to the ends of the legs breaking off. I drilled a small hole through the bezel and inserted a small screw through the hole and screwed into the center material. That kept the mirror in place until I replaced the bad sun visors. My wife found a deal on a new pair for $100.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
There are some sweet options out there to replace them. They look much better than stock. I wouldn't bother trying to fix the one that is broke. Replace it.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
You can find the used stock ones cheap at places like Corvette Recyclers or Parts Taxi (and of course on eBay), but all the sweet ones that I have seen were at Bloomington Gold and Corvettes at Carlisle. They had leather covered ones with vanity mirrors that were cheaper than the new, stock ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts