Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing a lot of searching and reading up on this subject and there seems to be a lot of conflicting info. And everything I've read was from like 8 years ago haha. So sorry if there is a thread somewhere that I missed.

So I'm debating on what would be a better way to go, turbo-system, or supercharger. I'm not looking to be a full on racer, just add some hp and tq. Basically a daily driver (that won't get driven too much since I ride the bike most of the time), that will see occasional track days. Is there a kit available for a C5 Z06 that comes with absolutely everything that is needed, so that I can just install the kit, tune, and go? Or would I have to do other things outside of a kit that's available?

Also, where are some good places to look into full turbo and supercharger systems? I googled around but didn't get really good results. And Idk if the results that I did get were quality or not, so I figured that I'd ask.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I have been doing a lot of searching and reading up on this subject and there seems to be a lot of conflicting info. And everything I've read was from like 8 years ago haha. So sorry if there is a thread somewhere that I missed.

So I'm debating on what would be a better way to go, turbo-system, or supercharger. I'm not looking to be a full on racer, just add some hp and tq. Basically a daily driver (that won't get driven too much since I ride the bike most of the time), that will see occasional track days. Is there a kit available for a C5 Z06 that comes with absolutely everything that is needed, so that I can just install the kit, tune, and go? Or would I have to do other things outside of a kit that's available?

Also, where are some good places to look into full turbo and supercharger systems? I googled around but didn't get really good results. And Idk if the results that I did get were quality or not, so I figured that I'd ask.

I would go super charger, they sound awsome for one(whine). Much easier to install, but if you get a roots type the hood needs to be changed because those type of superchargers install on the top of the engine and do not fit under the hood. Ive worked on allot of deisel engines %90 percent of those engines are turbo'd, or super charged the turbos don't seem to hold up as long as the superchargers do. What ever way you decide to go you need to upgrade the injectors. tune, fuel pump, regulator BLAH BLAH BLAH.... you get the point...its allot of money for both. if you care about just making more power, and not messing with boost and cool noises from a turbo or supercharger, I would do intake, heads, cam injectors and fuel pump and you can pick up the same power with more longevity for probably less money. BUT thats my 2 cents

·
Registered
609 Posts
Procharger D1SC

Reliable, Tune-able, and makes tons of horsepower without taking up all the engine room!

Seen enough of them to know they flat out work without compromises in in driveability..

·
Registered
1,794 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
cheap fun power 500-625 range super charge it!!!!! speaking from a guy with twin turbos. Turbos are good buy they will cost you more money. High end power all out money turbo setup can't be beat IMO!!!! HELL just saw a 224mph record broken in the standing mile on turbo vette.!!!!

I think the best street able fun is in the 500-625 range. That power a lone will get you in tons of trouble and if you want more put a 200 bump of NOS to it!!!! just remeber 500 + pushes the limit on the pistons on a stock LS1 LS6 and asking for explosion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheap fun power 500-625 range super charge it!!!!! speaking from a guy with twin turbos. Turbos are good buy they will cost you more money. High end power all out money turbo setup can't be beat IMO!!!! HELL just saw a 224mph record broken in the standing mile on turbo vette.!!!!

I think the best street able fun is in the 500-625 range. That power a lone will get you in tons of trouble and if you want more put a 200 bump of NOS to it!!!! just remeber 500 + pushes the limit on the pistons on a stock LS1 LS6 and asking for explosion.
That's kinda what I'm thinking too, But do you think I should upgrade pistons as well?...And where did you get the headlights that are in your avatar?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Go with a light boost setup and flog the hell out of it save your money and build a drop in forged motor if you are going to up the boost to make 525 +hp

My light are made by spector werks althought there is another company that makes simalar lights. I put HID in mine and F&#&ING love the fact i can see at night

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Go with a light boost setup and flog the hell out of it save your money and build a drop in forged motor if you are going to up the boost to make 525 +hp

My light are made by spector werks althought there is another company that makes simalar lights. I put HID in mine and F&#&ING love the fact i can see at night
So 500hp is about the limit on a stock engine?...And I like the idea fo doing that and building another motor up to throw in. Sounds like It would make a fun continuing evening and weekend project.

And I'm wanting to do fixed headlights too. They look good on your car. There is someone doing some, but they're like $1300.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts