Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, but this is not a comprehensive how to, but it will give you an Idea of what is involved. I did start out wanting to document every bolt and clip for you, unfortunately I got caught in my own little obession as I lost myself in this install.
The first thing you need to do is take your Vette to Spring Mountain and race it, then continue to drive it for another week without wasing it (This is really just optional :laughing: )

Take your Hood off of the Vette for easy access

Drain your Coolant, you can use a pan to recover it if you'd like and disconnect your radiator hoses.

Then remove the clips that hold the wiring to the fans

Some of these will have to be done from underneath the Vette.

Once you have the the wiring unclipped then you can remove the Fans and the radiator. They just slide out and it leaves the condensor.

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now you can start on removing the front of the engine so that you can get the powersteering out of the way. You may not need to remove all that I did, but It was necessary for me to do so in order to get the powersteering lines off. Also, DO NOT LEAVE THE BATTERY CONNECTED WHEN YOU DISCONNECT THE STEERING ROD. This will cause the steering sensor to be damaged.
You can remove the Powersteering pump at this time also. Use a Turkey Baster to remove the Fluid.

This is a place where I got caught up in the work and did not take Pics, sorry. The instructions that come with your Kit are very complete but they also involve some unecessary steps. There are 2 bolts for the powersteering cooler (10mm) and 2 bolts that hold the actual rack (18mm). Remove the latter after you have unbolted the tie rod ends.

You will not need to loosen the engine craddle as it states in the MagnaCharger instructions, You can move the Rack to the side and out of the way to pin the crank

The kit comes with the shown drill guide and bit. It also comes with a new Crank bolt that must be torqued. The Pins are also included and just slide in place after you drill the holes, this will prevent slippage of the Balancer.

Reinstall the rack and you can go back to the top for now.

This is where I started the disassembly of the intake. The Kit is supposed to come with a fuel line removal tool (mine didn't) and some silicone (mine didn't)
You can disconnect the fuel line and unbolt the fuel rail and remove it, this will allow you easy access to the intake bolts, the Back 2 bolts will not come out till the intake is completely out. Notice that they are the only two left here.

Once you have the intake out of the way, clean the intake ports and tape them to keep them free from debris

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now comes the fun part that I got totally lost in. You remove the relay cover next to the battery and then lift the relay itself out to gain access to the wiring. Here, the Instructions in the kit are fairly simple and all wiring is included along with crimp connectors and new wiring looms. (sorry for the lack of pics at this point but I was consumed with the project).

Next you will install the new intercooler and intercooler pump. (Q A at maggie needs some refinement as it took me an hour to make the slide bolts work correctly)

Now mine uses the West Coast Corvettes Hurricane system so install here will be to what CAI you use. Mine involved some modification to the CAI, But it was pretty straight forward from the supplied instructions.

The new intercooler pump is placed on the passenger side front where the Horn is. You need to remove the splash panel in front of the right wheel to gain access and remove the 10mm bolt that holds the horn assembly in place. You can then attach the new intercooler pump like shown here

After running your new hoses you can slap the new Maggie in place

If you're wondering if there is more, you'd be correct. There are some little steps that I didn't include as the Instructions that come with the kit are pretty complete. And the job is almost finished for me, I just need to do some hood alignment and I'll be finished.
Don't worry though, there will be more pics and some Vid clips comming :devil:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Great job Pat can't wait to see how it runs...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Great post Pat, Ill keep checking back for updates and can't wait to hear the beast:partyon:

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought the Caravaggio hood, but my painting skills leave something to be desired just yet. Luckily, the basecoat went on flawlessly and the only runs that I made were in the clear. Runs in the clear are ok with me because, as everyone knows, my sanding skills are honed to perfection :smack

The Idle of it and regular driving of the Vette are just like before I put the Maggie on, But when you get into that throttle an unholy whine screams out and it takes off like all hell broke loose :devil:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Don't you just love a supercharger...and the sound is awe sum.

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts
Awesome. It's amazine what a bolt on part will do for you!!

I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!

:devil:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I look forward to checking the new beast out some time!

Bill

·
Registered
47 Posts
great pics. Can't wait to see what it looks like when it's all clean

·
Registered
594 Posts
Pat,

That is SO AWESOME!!! I am SO envious!!!:thumbsup:

Maybe one of these days! Next, you'll be a member of the 200 MPH club!

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Also, DO NOT LEAVE THE BATTERY CONNECTED WHEN YOU DISCONNECT THE STEERING ROD. This will cause the steering sensor to be damaged.
Please tell me you remembered to invert the negative ion flux inhibitor; otherwise you risk setting up a resonant reverberation in the field capacitance drive modulator, not to mention completely blowing out the field effect density comparator....

Damn rookies.

Good work Pat. Now get that pig cleaned up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts