Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience supercharging a stock L98, I am looking for any comments / assistance you may have to offer.

Thanks

·
DC Crew
32,977 Posts
I did mine, my advise? DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Na, just kidding what would you like to know? I am running an ATI Procharger. Great product horrible instructions.
A few thoughts:
1) DON'T buy used. (don't ask:laughing: )
2) Plan your whole deal out first before starting.
3) Find someone who has installed one and get their phone number before starting. It's alot easier to talk to someone with 1st. hand knowledge. (FYI the guys at procharger haven't actually installed a L-98 kit.:rolleyes: )
4) Tell person who gave you said number how great they are (you will mean it too by the end.
5) DON'T BUY USED!!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I did not install my supercharger myself but the dude i bought it from said that he bought the supercharger as a bolt on, he drowe whit it one summer then the engine was just crap ewerything was bad the pistons the pistonrings and ewerything else... he fixed the engine bored the cylinders more and put in turbo pistons also he put in some better valves and valveflippers and drowe a half summer then the gearbox turnd out to sallad, he fixed that and then after that he came to the conclusion that he made the rearaxel better to and now theres no problems...

So i think you should be sure that you hawe the time and money to fix all these things if they also go on your car it can be that the engine he had was wery bad from the begining but still...

but its wery nice to hawe the bird singing under your hood :partyon:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts