Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Action Comics’ new record-breaking 900th issue, the iconic super hero renounces his U.S citizenship following a clash with the federal government.

The Man of Steel, created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster in 1938, has always been recognized as a devoted American warrior who constantly fought evil, but as of Thursday, he is no longer the country's own to claim.

"I intend to speak before the United Nations tomorrow and inform them that I am renouncing my U.S. citizenship," he says in a cell in the issue. "I'm tired of having my actions construed as instruments of U.S. policy."

Superman even questions his longtime motto: "Truth, justice and the American way."

Truth, justice, and the American way -- it's not enough anymore," he states.

Superman's creators defended the decision.

"Superman is a visitor from a distant planet who has long embraced American values. As a character and an icon, he embodies the best of the American Way," DC's co-publishers, Jim Lee and Dan DiDio said in a statement to FOX411.com. "In a short story in ACTION COMICS 900, Superman announces his intention to put a global focus on his never ending battle, but he remains, as always, committed to his adopted home and his roots as a Kansas farm boy from Smallville."

------------------------------------------------
And silly me thought I heard everything, what is our country comming to?:crazy:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster are rolling in their graves.

Who would have ever guessed that Superman would become a traitor.
:down:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
That does it. My superman costume is going in the attic.:laughing:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Hell of an advertisement gimmick...

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
:laughing:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Batman is cooler anyway. :nuts:

~wd-40:buhbye:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I want to see his birth certificate, his draft registration, and his student foreign aide records.

Then, I want to see his FAA airworthiness certificate, his pilots license, this medical certificate, and his side number. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
It is not his fault.

Thoes damn Jap Nuks put a bunch of Krypton-85 in the atmosphere.

Superman always acks stupid when there is Krypton around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts