Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see GMS (and another acronym, I think it's "GMID") talked about and don't know anything about them. Are these "supplier" pricing specials that one can take advantage of when buying a new corvette? Can someone explain GMS (and GMID??) to me and how one can get a certificate (?) to get this pricing.

Thanks,
Jimmy

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
More of these acronyms we have been talking about. I'm sure one of our supporting dealers can fill us in with all the facts

·
Registered
607 Posts
GMS is the code for GM employee out of stock pricing.

You need to be a GM employee or relative to get that price structure. Anybody that you are related to a GM employee??

GMID ????

·
Registered
64 Posts
GMS is GM employee-used to be out of stock purchase long ago. Supplier is just that. It shows up on an invoice as Supplier along with GMS. Be aware, as some are dumbfounded, GMS and Supplier portions of the discount are taxed in certain states (WI is one of them). GMS is always a better price than GM Supplier and both are not negotiable, also both are only available to a select group. Supplier is only to the person employed by the supplying company, and GMS is only to immediate family (no friends, uncles/aunts, or nieces/nephews) I am aware of GMID (?) as a GM In the Driveway-which was an has floated around as GMS under specific circumstances. The GMID is given out and signed off on by employees and executives. The last one is very rarely seen, and not by me recently. Best of luck!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I had GMID pricing on my Vette. In Aug of 2006 (for 2007), it worked out somewhere between 11-12% off sticker. :D Non-negotiable. I couldn't complain. There were no discounts available on a custom ordered/built car when I ordered mine, as there are lots of deals on the lot right now. :cheers:

·
Registered
232 Posts
i just started workign at chevrolet 2 weeks ago and looking into getting a vette soon and im looking at bout 13-15% off msrp ill keep you posted if i get one or not.

·
Registered
140 Posts
GM Supplier Pricing

Although its not as good as GMS pricing for employees, under the current program guidelines I can sponsor a limited number of "prospects" for GM Supplier pricing each month. Always happy to help a member of the Corvette Nation get into a new GM vehicle whenever I can.

Send me a PM if you're still interested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts