Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its not a corvette but I need to tap the info lione here. My father in law has a 98 chevy 1500 pu 350 automatic it seems to be shifting up and down when driving at a constant speed. Also when you let off going down a hill it down shifts or feels that way instead of free wheeling. What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I think all the transmission guys have signed off for Christmas. Will move this to general automotive section might get more coverage.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Try driving the truck w/ your foot lightly on the brake pedal. This will unlock the torque converter, see if it behaves differently.
You might have to get it scanned for data, like smooth tps voltage & speed sensor readings(accuracy).

·
Registered
547 Posts
What is the constant speed? It does SOUND like the trans is hunting. When I tow or drive at a certain speed, it will hunt between OD and D. If it hunts at one speed, I would turn the OD off. OTOH, if it hunts at all speeds, you need to turn the thing to somebody who can diagnose transmissions. First check the fluid level and condition of the filter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts