Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the GS for a 2000 mile round trip to see the in-laws at Thanksgiving in South Carolina last year. The weather was gorgeous!!!

On the way back, Chicago got surprised by 6 inches of the fluffy stuff. I had bald GSC's in the back.

After a hair raising highway drive in this stuff, and 22 tries to get up the driveway, here you have the carnage.

Anyone want some salt for their popcorn?

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Loggins1 ...<br>
Fun Stuff...
How long after did you wash it off.<br>
About a month. Took a while for the snow to melt, and for my hose to thaw out.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Salt on the car for a month. You wouldnt think that would be good for it.:laughing:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
I don't know how you guys do it. I hate snow, I could never live anywhere where it snowed. When it drops below 70 its too cool for me. :laughing:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,768 Posts
I've lived in Alaska, upstate New York, northern Ohio and Indiana, Michigan, U.P. Michigan (for 12 days) Alabama. & now Kentucky. Kentucky is by far that best. Very moderate winters. When it snows it usually only lasts for a day. Summers get hot and sticky but overall the climate is great. Loggins will know exactly what it is like. The same as his weather but only about have as much winter. Course, the Springs have a better view. You can wake up in the morning and see Pike's Peak. I worked there for about a month and loved it.

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Damn Patrick, that is UGLY!! :laughing:

Yea, snow salt sucks!! You have to wait til it's warm enough to wash it so that the water doesn't freeze before you get the car dry.

Driving in the snow on bald GSC's is just :surprised :surprised

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Eric isn't kidding!

We had a meeting last spring, and snow was melting EVERYWHERE, I was aiming for puddles and spraying Eric's BIMMER bigtime. He begged me to allow Him to wet sand it a week later, and Mr GS clone made my finish as smooth as glass.

Pat, I drove my car a few times last year and it was good and dirty, Not quite like your car....but it was filthy.

The only car that was as dirty or dirtier than your above pic was my mustang. It was red, but a week in snow and ice and it was WHITE!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Jay 383 said:
Eric isn't kidding!

We had a meeting last spring, and snow was melting EVERYWHERE, I was aiming for puddles and spraying Eric's BIMMER bigtime. He begged me to allow Him to wet sand it a week later, and Mr GS clone made my finish as smooth as glass.

Pat, I drove my car a few times last year and it was good and dirty, Not quite like your car....but it was filthy.

The only car that was as dirty or dirtier than your above pic was my mustang. It was red, but a week in snow and ice and it was WHITE!
Jay I hope you dont drive your Vette this winter!:( I am putting my car away this Friday!:(

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
[
Driving in the snow on bald GSC's is just :surprised :surprised [/B]
driving on GSC's period suck's.as a matter of fact,so do the run-falt's...i see a pattern:down: ......:laughing:

·
Registered
9 Posts
this is what my vette looked like when I got up at 6am, the previous day the sun was shining like it was still summer...

winter came in just 1 night :(

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I had a pic just like that. I left the car outside one night, I knew it was going to snow...but not overnight. I woke up to 6" of it all over the car. I about had a fit!!! I took a pic, but didn't have the heart to keep it hehe.

Yikes, hard to believe it's going to be that time again soon. This getting dark early crap already sucks.:down:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Jay 383 said:

Yikes, hard to believe it's going to be that time again soon. This getting dark early crap already sucks.:down:
Yup....Winter is coming! I am glad I put my car away today...I heard SNOW tonight!:surprised

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Torch Red 2K said:
Loggins will know exactly what it is like. The same as his weather but only about have as much winter. Course, the Springs have a better view. You can wake up in the morning and see Pike's Peak. I worked there for about a month and loved it.
Wanna Trade? Ive lived here 3 and a half years and im tired of it. Im used to having tons of snow. In these Winters in Colorado we get like tons of snow 1 day then 3 days later its gone. Anyway Your lucky you live in Kentucky your close to BG. Supposed to get snow on friday but we will see.:rolleyes:

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here is "the day after". As you can see by the indent across the street that I had to back up all the way to my neighbors front yard, then gun it up the driveway, without hitting the garage OR the Landrover..... like threading a needle.... 22 times!!!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Here is "the day after". As you can see by the indent across the street that I had to back up all the way to my neighbors front yard, then gun it up the driveway, without hitting the garage OR the Landrover..... like threading a needle.... 22 times!!!!

I put my wifes camaro away late last year & had a simmilar hard time getting it in the garage!:( I came within inches of wiping out the quarter!:surprised

1 - 20 of 20 Posts