Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 61 honduras maroon, 230, auto trans,very original, 24,000 mile car. Both tops, Original Paint, Original interior, everything original, except tires, Generator belt, and fuel pump, (saved old fuel pump) Not sure about shocks,

Does anyone know about getting it ready for Bloomington?. It has plenty of orignal decals, but should I find Reproduction stickers, etc, or just take it there and let it get gone through, in June. In other words, should I get orignal tupe of air fliter, battery, fuel filter, shocks, belt, etc, or are they more interested in the hardcore stuff?

Previous owner undercoated the car unfortunately, as it did not need it. It has never seen water, except from a hose, does that hurt for the benchmark award.

Has anyone heard of an original 61 with less miles, I wonder if it might become a corvette bloomington "Hall of Fame" vette.

thanks

Steve

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
From their website here.

Survivors are cars that are at least 20 years old (1987’s and older) and judged to be over 50%unrestored, yet with finishes and condition good enough to use as a reference model for authentic restoration of a car just like it.
We're going to need some pics.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just purchased a 61 honduras maroon, 230, auto trans,very original, 24,000 mile car. Both tops, Original Paint, Original interior, everything original, except tires, Generator belt, and fuel pump, (saved old fuel pump) Not sure about shocks,

Does anyone know about getting it ready for Bloomington?. It has plenty of orignal decals, but should I find Reproduction stickers, etc, or just take it there and let it get gone through, in June. In other words, should I get orignal tupe of air fliter, battery, fuel filter, shocks, belt, etc, or are they more interested in the hardcore stuff?

Previous owner undercoated the car unfortunately, as it did not need it. It has never seen water, except from a hose, does that hurt for the benchmark award.

Has anyone heard of an original 61 with less miles, I wonder if it might become a corvette bloomington "Hall of Fame" vette.

thanks

Steve
If you're going for Bloomington Survivor or NCRS Bow Tie, DON'T TOUCH A THING. :)

NO new decals, no repro anything. That's a big no-no. :)

Be careful cleaning it as not to remove original chalk marks, etc.

Chuck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts