Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about installing the GM C6 Z06 Sway Bar Kit. Does anyone have any knowledge about the product? Also, contemplating lowering the car
1/2-1", mostly for the look. Any drawbacks other than speedbumps or benefits? How will lowering affect handling?

As always-thanks

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
Hi there, though I have not lowered my car yet I have pmed a few members who have, 2006Corvette lowered his corvette and said that he drove the car like normal and it feels the same as stock. 1 inche seems to be a safe limit for a non show only car, you will scrape your front air deflector but i checked out the price GMs sight and its something like 15 bux, so ill just replace it as needed. Also remember to get an alignment after the lowering. Hope that was helpful

Im still kinda hazy on the lowering process so if you could post a DIY id really appreciate it.

As for the sway bars my motto is if your going to mod mod with the best, dont get something slighty beter just to have changed parts (like longtube headers as oppose to shortys) that being said pfadt suspension compenents is your best bet. Midnite902 just wrote a review, he was really impressed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I put on the Z06 sway bars on mine over a year ago and it made a big difference in the handling from the base (non-z51) sways. I also lowered the car to the lowest point on the stock bushings for the look. After I did the sway and lowering I got a new alignment just to be on the safe side.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Pfadt

I was thinking of the Z06 Sways but JP at 21CMC convinced me to go to the PFADTs. As SinisterC6 says I was really impressed. My car is Go Cart flat in corners now yet the ride is still supple.

PFADT Fattys are a bargain for sure.

:cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts