Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm putting my front end back together and when I installed the new front sway bar bushes, the instruction sheet that came with them said to install the (supplied) washers between the bush mount and the frame and that the sway bar should be firm but move reasonably easily.

I installed the washers and bolted it all up tight and now if I lift the sway bar up (it's not connected yet on either side) and let it go, it swings slowly back down to the vertical position.

If I try it without the washers, I can barely move the sway bar - certainly not easily anyway.

Which way's correct? :crazy:

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, there were no washers when I pulled mine off either. I can't remember the brand of the bushing kit, but I got it from tracdogg so I know it wasn't some crappy Chinese stuff...

·
Registered
512 Posts
The swaybar should be loose, but with no freeplay (so that it won't "knock" with load reversal). Sounds like you are good with the washers.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The swaybar should be loose, but with no freeplay (so that it won't "knock" with load reversal). Sounds like you are good with the washers.
Ahhh, ok. That's what it's like now with the washers in. There's no slop or free play, it's just rotates smoothly in the bushes.

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts