Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to ask if you get them when you use a rotary buffer with a fine cut wax? The last time I buffed my car out I noticed there were swirl marks, but once I applied the wax then they were gone. Anyone else experience the same? Or what is the best way to prevent them? I was also using a 100% wool pad as well and made sure it was cool and free of any debris...

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Destro said:
Just wanted to ask if you get them when you use a rotary buffer with a fine cut wax? The last time I buffed my car out I noticed there were swirl marks, but once I applied the wax then they were gone. Anyone else experience the same? Or what is the best way to prevent them? I was also using a 100% wool pad as well and made sure it was cool and free of any debris...
Never, ever use a wool pad, they are brutal on paint! Toss it! Only use terry-cloth or foam.

Yes, wax can hide swirl marks pretty good.

If you feel like it, get some 3M 39009 swirl remover for dark cars, follow the instructions to the letter, and you'll get rid of the swirl marks for good with an orbital buffer.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
USE Foam!!!!
On every thing I piant I use Foam to buff it after its done and its beautiful.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
i use a orbital buffer(not rotary)and i use it with zaino 5 which is not recommended,but as long as the zaino is dry,it comes out sweet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts