Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
wanted to show you a racing shark from Switzerland. Do you like it?
Wanted to follow this 'thing' with a stock C5 coupe at the Salzburgring. Could have equally tried to catch a Saturn V.
This thing has real downforce! Look at the exhaust, it goes through the inside, just to get a plain bottom.

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
YEAH, the thunder racing corvette. Do you have any more pics of it?

They sure changed the exhaust, at 1st it was side pipes, then it was sidepipes covered under large sills and now this AWESOME :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
I love that car. I've got a whole bunch of pix from their website, but they are all in the previous configuratoin.

If you have more new pictures, please post.

Ryan

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Patrick,
for sure you can put them to the gallery, I just was too impatient to wait for an approval. So i took the address from my site.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'd also love to know more about that car. Like what size tires/rims they are using, what the frame structure under the rear clip looks like, where they got the suspension components or if they are totally custom, how they made the frames around the lexan windows and merged them with the body lines, some better pictures of that rear diffuser, what the ducting scheme is on the whole car, etc, etc.

Such an awesome machine.

I'd also like to know how the body panels are shaped, I know it looks like a C3, but are the shape of the rear fenders stock or did they flare the whole fender to cover a wider wheel?

I don't even know how much of that car is fiberglass vs. metal. They race this thing wheel to wheel ... one wonders if they have custom body panels and what do they do for replacement???

Ryan

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, nice to see that I matched your taste. Sadly I do not know very much about this shark. But I promise to try to get some more info and I'm going to post it here.

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
reidry said:
I'd also love to know more about that car. Like what size tires/rims they are using, what the frame structure under the rear clip looks like, where they got the suspension components or if they are totally custom, how they made the frames around the lexan windows and merged them with the body lines, some better pictures of that rear diffuser, what the ducting scheme is on the whole car, etc, etc.

Such an awesome machine.

I'd also like to know how the body panels are shaped, I know it looks like a C3, but are the shape of the rear fenders stock or did they flare the whole fender to cover a wider wheel?

I don't even know how much of that car is fiberglass vs. metal. They race this thing wheel to wheel ... one wonders if they have custom body panels and what do they do for replacement???

Ryan
I know a bit about the car. The body is mostly stock with flares. It is all fastened by G-zus fasteners and the panels all come off in 2 sectiomns, front clip and rear clip. Not uncommon for race cars.
The entire body is fiberglass. The frame however is a full 12 pmt (I think) cage, running all the way to the front suspension poiunts, inner fenders are all sheetmetal, as is the floor. The rear is sawed off behind the diff mount and a custom frame is added for the fuel cell and the support structure for the wing. I have some pics somewhere that shows this, if I find them I will post them.

The frame is basically a stock frame but with a lot of mods on it. It''s got VB&P front suspension, I think the rear is VB&P too, not sure.

The brakes are Brembo all round w/ ventilated disks, it''s from MoVit

The wheels are custom made BBS RSR wheels, they are originally for Porsche GT & cup racing, these are custom for 4x4.75 pattern.

The wing is a Porshe GT wing they converted it to fit the vette.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Twin Turbo ...

Do you know what kind of flares they used? It almost looks like the whole rear quarter panel was bulged instead of the typical lip type flaring.

Also do you know the diameter and width of the rims?

I knew the wing was from the Porsche guys ... that thing must generate some serious downforce!

Ryan

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
it's custom work on the flare job, they really worked on those quarters didn''t they :D

I think the rear wheels are 12" wide and 20" tall.

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
urbman, keep them pics coming.. WOOHOOO

There's a red guldstrand C4 on ebaymotors, just like the yellow one in your pics

1 - 14 of 14 Posts