Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
I have, they're not for a deluge LOL The worst part is, you have to stick ugly velcro tape on the header bar. For the rest, it's a pretty neat system, easy to install. Some people say they won't stay on at high speeds, I never lost mine doing 100+ MPH.

·
Registered
79 Posts
anyone have raincoat for t top? and how do they work???:buhbye: :buhbye:
The raincoat t-top for my 79 is made of a metal frame that folds in half for storage. They slide into a handy storage bag when not in use. My raincoat is covered in a white convertible top canvas. There isn't much insulation, but it does shade from the sun. At speed, the canvas tends to bubble out off the frame like the old convertible tops do. I like the way they look on my red car, but they wouldn't last long if left on permanently IMO.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have, they're not for a deluge LOL The worst part is, you have to stick ugly velcro tape on the header bar. For the rest, it's a pretty neat system, easy to install. Some people say they won't stay on at high speeds, I never lost mine doing 100+ MPH.
I agree they will hold at 100+mph and for extended drives. mine does not leak (might just be lucky). It is great for cruisn-you can put it on or take it off when the weather changes in less time than it takes the traffic light to change and it stores in very little space. It will fad and deterioriate within 2 years if not treated and used daily in the sun.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree they will hold at 100+mph and for extended drives. mine does not leak (might just be lucky). It is great for cruisn-you can put it on or take it off when the weather changes in less time than it takes the traffic light to change and it stores in very little space. It will fad and deterioriate within 2 years if not treated and used daily in the sun.
thanks guys, i got it from ecklers. ,,and what would i treat it with?? :D :buhbye:

·
Registered
120 Posts
???

Is this product a canvas top for T-top C3 Vetts? Is it one piece or two. does it really work (do you recomend it?)? Do they offer multiple colors, and how much does it cost (ballpark)
ThanX
Lyon

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is this product a canvas top for T-top C3 Vetts? Is it one piece or two. does it really work (do you recomend it?)? Do they offer multiple colors, and how much does it cost (ballpark)
ThanX
Lyon
they changed price,, was 260. i`ll let you know,,yes for t top.i have a 75..:buhbye:

·
Registered
79 Posts
ThanX
Lyon

1968-77 (C3) Fox Rain Coat Sport Top

This is the raincoat description by Eckler's. My rain coat must be 'old school' because it is in two pieces. Each individual top folds in half and is stored in a bag until needed. The frame is made of what appears to be solidmaybe 3/16 rod. This Eckler's top appears to be one piece and only comes in one color.

Corvette Sport Top, Fox Rain Coat, 1968-1977

Canvas Soft Top For Coupes
Folds For Compact Storage
Easy To Install & Remove
Pictured On A 1978-82 Model (Fit & Look Are The Same, However, It Mounts At Rear Of Top Differently)

The "Rain Coat" from Fox Enterprises Inc. is a soft top for all 1968-77 Corvette coupes. It replaces the heavy stock roof panels to give you the convenience and flexibility to install a lightweight, easy to handle roof when beautiful "convertible" days turn sour. The "Rain Coat", made of soft top quality canvas with injection molded inner foundation, installs quickly utilizing the car's stock mounting points. Velcro seals across the front and back of the "Rain Coat" for a snug, windproof, watertight fit. All "Rain Coats" have been designed and tested to be used at normal highway speeds with no problems. All models available in black color only. Storage bag included.

Item# A5060B
In Stock

$329.99 ea.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats it,,it just camwe today,one piece,,i`ll put it on as soon as it quits raining,,,,,,oh will the velcro bother the t top seals ,,when i put them back on,,

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
In '81 I did a pre delivery on a new T-Top Vette- still had the sticky shipping paper on the glass tops. At 105 MPH the wind got under the corner of the paper, ripped it up about 6 inches, and started buzzing like a herd of 'skeeters. I thought I'd blown the engine- :rolling:

·
Registered
109 Posts
The raincoat t-top for my 79 is made of a metal frame that folds in half for storage. They slide into a handy storage bag when not in use. My raincoat is covered in a white convertible top canvas. There isn't much insulation, but it does shade from the sun. At speed, the canvas tends to bubble out off the frame like the old convertible tops do. I like the way they look on my red car, but they wouldn't last long if left on permanently IMO.
where can i find this one for sale? i cant get my ttops in the back because of my sub box :laughing:

·
Registered
79 Posts
where can i find this one for sale? i cant get my ttops in the back because of my sub box :laughing:
I haven't seen the old two piece raincoats sold by vendors for many years. I'm betting there are plenty of them out there, but haven't seen any for sale. I will admit, I haven't been looking for one either. Maybe fleabay gets them listed ocassionally. A good upholstery shop ought to be able to re-canvas an old worn unit, as long as the original seals are intact as a pattern. Doing it this way you can have any color you want.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts