Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen or done anything like the reverse lights on this one (hit the link and scroll down a bit)?...

http://www.collectormotors.com/cars_sold/1964Sid.htm

I've got side pipes on my '64 and like the idea us using the old rear exhaust ports to add reverse lights...

ps... Hey Z06magna, I still have yet to install the Pro-90 seats. The mounting plates came in this week and may get a chance to work in them this weekend... maybe. What do you think of the seats on this one in the link?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hell... I never seem to get add these links into my posts correctly. (heck, I still can't figure out how to add a picture to a post either...)

Maybe just try typing the following web address into your browser:
www.collectormotors.com/cars_sold/1964Sid.htm

They've some great photos of other cars they have sold as well.

Sorry 'bout that!

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Besides the fact, that it's a friggin' nice midyear...:partyon: I find it a pretty creative solution to both fill the exhaust holes when adding sidepipes on a non-sidepipe car and to get white reverse lights (which is safer IMO, because people can see when you want to back out.. instead of having to think about whether you're braking or want to back out..) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My '64 actually has the '67 backup light set up on it now, but I like the look of these lights in the old exhaust holes. It's got side pipes too, so these holes are unused. I'm looking for some lamps that will fit.

I got in the Scat Pro-90 seats with head rests. They have a vintage look to them and will fit nicely. Installing them is still on the "to do" list though...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hey Korn,
That is what I'm looking for. I need to find out who builds those seats? I am still interested in seeing your seat installed. Do you need some help with the to do list? Thanks for the ideas!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Korn,
That is what I'm looking for. I need to find out who builds those seats? I am still interested in seeing your seat installed. Do you need some help with the to do list? Thanks for the ideas!:thumbsup:
Thanks for the offer... I may take you up on some advice. I'm not building quite the beast that you are though. This is my first time around with restoring/modifying an old car. Thankfully, I am fortunate to have some skilled friends who are patient enough to help me along. As with any project I suppose, I have run into a few unforseen issues as we bring this '64 back to life. I still hope to be driving her by Carlisle in August however.

I've done some more surfing online to try and see who makes the seats in the link above. No luck yet though. I'll let you know if I track anything down on them. Also... barring any futher suprises, I hope to get around to installing the Scat Pro 90's in the next week or so. I'll post photos.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts