Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently bought an '01 Vette Coupe with the FE1 suspension. Awesome amount of power but I want it to handle better... Specifically, I want the car not to feel like it floats occasionally at highway speeds and I want the car to handle mountain roads even better. I saw the post with someone adding Z06 sway bars and shocks and was considering doing just that.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I posted this topic on c5forum and the other response that I got was to have my car checked out and to have the tires "toe in" a little when I get tires in the front. Thanks for all of your help.

-Paras
:cheers:

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
Unless you are picky, your car should handle pretty darn well.

Have you lowered the car at all?

Lowering just the rear can shift weight to the rear, making the front lighter and also throwing off the front-end alignment.

I think lowering the car all the way around, and a more aggressive alignment up front could make a world of difference in handling.

I did this in my C4, and the results were impressive! Then I went to a Z51 (stiffer) shock, and it took the cars handling to a whole new level.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
i have the FE-3 (sport) suspension.i lowered the car 2.5 inches.it handles like a go-cart and the ride is still very good.the shocks recently have went to hell.they lasted about 1 year.the thing to do at this point is to get re-valved 'bilstein' shocks for lowered cars or the QA-1 adustables.or these some real expensive ones like penstke-no need.

pretty crappy photo taken at dusk,so you cant see the gap from the ground to the car,aint much
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool::cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
oh ya,the Z06 sway-bar and steel end links on any suspension will help.i will add this when i do the shocks,but i will keep the FE-3(stock)spring.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions. I am picky about the handling... I like getting on freeway onramps that turn 270 degrees and just gun the car as I go up. (A wonderful feeling--but the car's backend seems to want to slip and the front of the car doesn't hold the turns as well as I would like...)

The car has not yet been lowered. I was planning to lower it 1-1.5 inches. I already scratch going up my driveway and I'm thinking about getting those little wheels up front--hopefully they're durable...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts