Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 35 cars from our Corvette club went to Watkins Glen today. After a "Spirited" ride through the countryside , about 40 miles, we were there. There were a few cars from the Buffalo and Syracuse clubs , probably 18 to 20 total and on the way down we saw about 25 Vettes going the other way, all smiles and waves!!

Once there we paid $20 for the opportunity to drive 4 laps around the track. There was a pace car, then 15 cars and another pace car. I was 2nd behind the lead pace car so I could(in spite of the rules) drop back a bit and really get some "cheek stretching" speed in the curves and I got 100mph behind the 60mph pace car too many times to count.

Even a putz like me could pick a line and hold it and feel the G-force. The Pirelli PZero Rossos stuck like glue. Come out of a turn, nail it and get 100mph , back off or come in under the lead yellow coup and hide from the pace car. What fun.

To top things off, I embarassed 2 Porches(an older and a new Carerra) who thought they were going to eat up the road going home. I overpowered them both easily then at the behest of my wife let them go and we enjoyed the ride home.

So, picture perfect weather, ran around an international track, spent an afternoon with my friends and club members(3 new 06 Z06s in the bunch )peed on a couple of Porches and generated a rivalry between a black '03 Z06 and me. This , my friends, was some serious fun.

Plenty of other cars there, but nothin' like the Vettes and their friendly owners. Nothin' like 'em:excited:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
RSCAR said:
So, picture perfect weather, ran around an international track, spent an afternoon with my friends and club members(3 new 06 Z06s in the bunch )peed on a couple of Porches and generated a rivalry between a black '03 Z06 and me. This , my friends, was some serious fun.

Plenty of other cars there, but nothin' like the Vettes and their friendly owners. Nothin' like 'em:excited:

:agree:

WOW, TOO :cool:

·
DC Crew
1,949 Posts
Hey RSCAR,

Glad you had a fun day. I had a fun day as well, my Corvette club had there first judged event of the season yesterday and my car took first place. I'm running out of room for all of these trophies!! :smack :partyon:

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is GREAT !! What catagories did you take? Looking foward to seeing your car in a few weeks (Carm says 2 more weeks for the heads) I'm gettin' old waiting for these things but he says that they make the most power and who am I to question him? :)

·
DC Crew
1,949 Posts
Although it has taken a while for the heads to arrive, I know that when they are installed you will have a grin ear to ear!!! as far as the show, I placed first in the Concours division!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts