Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to replace the seals around the targa and wondered if anyone had used or would recommend one brand over another? I was looking at Steele Rubber products but they seem a little high, don't know about that for sure though. If this should be in the Tech section, sorry go ahead and move it.

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
96North said:
I'm going to replace the seals around the targa and wondered if anyone had used or would recommend one brand over another? I was looking at Steele Rubber products but they seem a little high, don't know about that for sure though. If this should be in the Tech section, sorry go ahead and move it.
96North,

Unless someone recommends differently, I would only put GM replacement weatherstripping on my car.

When I had a windshield replaced on the GS, and my black car, both used "aftermarket" ...err... cheaper .... stripping and the fit was horrible, they leaked, they ended up buying OEM GM stripping and it worked WONDERFULLY.

Don't go cheap... IMHO.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I'll go with the GM stuff. I can actually get them for a little less.

Chris

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Who makes the GM wxstrip?

I have Soffseal on the targa and around the windshield. It's been on for almost 4 years and it's still in as good a shape as when I bought it.

Some of you may remember me saying mine leaks but I don't blame it on the seals. The car has been wrecked and I don't think everything is lined up perfectly. The targa sits pefect across the back but it's way off up front. I've done all I could to align it but it just won't align. I think one of the windshield pillars is a few degrees off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts