Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me or is it impossible to put the top back on by yourself ? can it be done without help ? come on guys let me in on the secret.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I take mine off and put it back on all the time. But I'm 6'2" and 215 middle aged pounds. There is a bit of a balancing act involved, I will admit. :buhbye: :buhbye: :buhbye: :buhbye:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am only 5' 8" with short arms so it sucks always having to get help to put it back on. when i cruise alone i dont even attempt to take it off.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Targa top Practice

As long as you get the pins in the rear aligned, you can get in the cockpit and pull the 2 forward handles down and rearward. This will help you seat the top and have little trouble doiong it solo. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I'm 62 5'9" and I can remove and replace one by my self...:huh:

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'm of a smaller build that the rest stated above lol, but i can get it off by myself. I usually prop myself up on the driver seat knees into it, push it up and pull it out. Rest the top somewhere and pop the hatch and place it on the rack.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am 57, 5'9", and maturely solid :D and have no difficulty taking the top off and putting it on by myself. I agree it is a bit of a balancing act (expecially in our Texas winds), but it's an acquired skill only learned through practice, practice, practice!:cheers: :cheers:

·
Read Only
575 Posts
hahahahahaha......... My girlfriend takes the top off and puts it back on by herself...... :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Never had a problem here...maybe because I came out of a C4 and this top is 50% lighter and 100% easier to remove and replace.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
hahahahahaha......... My girlfriend takes the top off and puts it back on by herself...... :laughing: :laughing:
you talking about the targa top? or hers? :laughing:

I'm 26 6-2... i leave the door shut, lean against it, lift from the centerish front of the top, pull it out from the drivers side first, enough to get my had benind the back edge, and lift it up vertically, then try not to drop it on the ground while it goes in the hatch (from the drivers side). Placing the top in from the back bumper doesn't work for me
:cheers:

·
Registered
691 Posts
I have no problems, 5'10" here. I hold the front with one hand and the rear with the other, line up the back and drop it it place. I can remove my top and store it in 15-20 seconds, replace in about the same.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I never had a problem. I usually put my semi diagonally, and then I will sit on the driver side, align the back pins and pull down on the front latches.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I'm a whopping 5'7" with short arms and have no problem getting the top on and off myself even with the seat in the lowest, farthest back position. Like others have said, the key is to line up the rear pins then pull the front into place. Standing up with the roof over your head is probably the most difficult part when removing it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Im 6'1" and getting those back pins aligned is key, but getting in the slots can be tricky sometimes. I usually open the driver door which allows me to step closer inside. This keeps me from leaning off-balance which makes it much faster and easier.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Im 6'1" and getting those back pins aligned is key, but getting in the slots can be tricky sometimes. I usually open the driver door which allows me to step closer inside. This keeps me from leaning off-balance which makes it much faster and easier.
Do you do it standing up from outside the car? I have to do it sitting in the driver's seat.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts