Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The so-called Ground Zero mosque recently applied for a $5 million federal grant from a fund designed to rebuild lower Manhattan after 9/11, reports The Daily Beast’s John Avlon.

Developers of the controversial Park51 Islamic community center and mosque located two blocks from Ground Zero earlier this month applied for roughly $5 million in federal grant money set aside for the redevelopment of lower Manhattan after the attacks of September 11th, according to two sources with direct knowledge of the matter.

Read more...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/dailybeast/...DeW5faGVhZGxpbmVfbGlzdARzbGsDbW9zcXVlbW9uZXlz

:crazy:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
This is going to end well.

:popcorn:

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
You have got to be kidding me???????

You got to hand it to them, they definately have some nerve. To me its like calling our bluff. Lets take out the big stick and stir the pot some more. Then lets get the money from state to fund the building of a church!! Isn't there suppose to be some kind of seperation here???? They said part of the money would go to help Vets, they did not say which vets. Though I suppose they dont have many vets........BOOOM.:huh:

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
But the project likely doesn’t qualify for a grant in the first place. Specifically, the grant criteria mandate a demonstration of a project’s financial feasibility, based on benchmarks set by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The government will help complete development projects—but it does not provide seed capital. And in their last public financial statement, Park51 was found to have less than $20,000 in the bank for a project with a slated cost of $100 million.

Nice try. :crazy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts