Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Is the 200 degree mark the 11 0'clock or the 12 0'clock slash on the gauge :huh: Thanks guys.
A picture of the gauge would help::

Look at the numbers on the gauge, if full scale is 250, and there are 6 marks on the gauge, then each mark is = to 41.6*

:cheers:

·
Registered
879 Posts
The accuracy of the temperature gauge is always in question as well. An I.R. temperature gun should be used to confirm gauge function.

·
Banned
125 Posts
If you remove the sender wire at the engine and put a 68 ohm resistor between that wire and ground your dash gauge should read about 215*.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys:cheers: :cheers: by the way, what is an ideal temp to run..if 200 degrees is the 11 0'clock slash, I'm running just to the right of that slash, about 210.

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Thanks guys:cheers: :cheers: by the way, what is an ideal temp to run..if 200 degrees is the 11 0'clock slash, I'm running just to the right of that slash, about 210.
I thought they all were clearly marked, mine not marked but is 180 to the left, marked at 210 for straight up, and 250 over to the right extreme....

I thought late sharks had similar markings....??

:cheers: at any rate, with the stock sender, my gauge was allways right on, proven with my immersion probe many times over, when I changed heads to later aluminum L98 heads #113, i had to recal the gauge on account of I forgot to get the head drilled for the OEM old sender....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts