Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just looking for opinions on about what the correct operating temp. should be on say an 80 degree day cruzing on the fwy. 01/Z06/LS6

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Most modern engines are designed to run around 205 degs. winter, summer, spring, or fall .

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well, I know that mine (04 Coupe a4) on a 90-95 degree day hits 225-230 in traffic, but then it seems when the fans kick on or coolant passes thru (whichever happens) the temp will drop a few degrees or so to 210-215, then go right back to 230. Then when I get going and all that air gets moving around it will drop to 195-200.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a problem with my '99 running hot (215 - 235) about two years ago. Turned out to be all kinds of debries that had collected between the radiator and AC coil that restricted the air flow enough to properly cool the fluid. I found it when I was changing the air filter, just happended to look in the void before inserting the new filter. It took about 15 min. to blow/ hose all the junk out. Temp. now stays at 198 deg. most of the time, 205 deg. in stop-n-go.

Hope it helps

·
Registered
17 Posts
On my stock '03 Z06 it runs all day at 194-196 on the road. Obviously it climbs in traffic-----and it's hot down here. :rolling:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts