Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran into a mildly modded Cobra last weekend coming home from the gym while getting onto my favorite interstate in Mexico.

I merge on, he goes by. I move to the fast lane and pull up alongside to feel him out. He lets me know he's game. Tires are warm but the air temp was not - 45 degrees. No advantage for either (both supercharged) but the cold gives me traction problems.

Since I have 4.10's, a good spot for me to start is third gear (60 ish). I gave him the hit so that he thought he was "winning" when he pulled ahead (even if it was ever so briefly). I dropped the throttle and ran out all of third and fourth with an upshift to fifth. Results, one unhappy Cobra owner - I did not pull car lengths on him, I pulled bus lengths and was well in front by the time we hit the top of third. Running through fourth was just done to insult him. Fun for me, not so fun for him. We backed off and, at least, he gave me the nod of recognition. When I offered a rematch (by pointing forward), he declined. I pulled off at my exit, ending the chance at delivering more abuse.

I really can't wait for the nicer weather so I can start racing liter bikes again. They don't like riding in the cold weather for some reason...........

·
Registered
105 Posts
I am looking forward to this summer and some fun races in mexico... :) The only thing I have run up against is a bike and it was fun and close but we were both in traffic.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Nice kill :devil: You need a camera system so we all can see

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Audi R8

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice kill :devil: You need a camera system so we all can see
Working on setting something up that will be in the car at all times. I only drive the car on nice days and it seems that I find willing participants quite often.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Man wish there was a good selection of cars to run with around here. Mostly trailer queen cars too afraid to nick the paint or cars so shitty the only thing fast about it is the rate it leaks oil. :laughing: Vette guys in Jersey have it made. :cheers:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:agree: But it is because we are the most densely populated nation in the state with more vehicles per square mile than you can imagine. the best is that no one expects a 715whp vette to be cruising around on a near daily basis with a driver that is not afraid to use it.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Ahhh, Mexico I cant wait to go myself. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts