Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just got back from the big event that GM held at Arlington Race Track and it was a pretty good setup that they had. Got to drive the H2 on a little setup that they had with a sloped hill and also up and down a hill as well. The best part was abusing a Z06 that isnt mine. :D No guilty conscience there :thumbsup: There were a few Mercedes and BMW's there as well and also go to peek at the new GTO as well. I think its the best looking Pontiac thus far and it seemed to have the least amount of plastic looking interior out of the bunch. Also checked out the Cadillac XLR, nice car but $75,000 + no thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
:cool: Sounds like you had a good time. :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bob88con said:
:cool: Sounds like you had a good time. :)
Yeah it was pretty cool. When we first got there the wait time to drive the H2 was 45+ mins :lookinup: We went and drove the vettes first as the line for the manual was MUCH shorter then all the people who needed to drive an auto :D Plus the auto werent Z06s and what fun would that be:D J/K This is the second event that I have attended and it is a good idea to help sales I think as most get to test drive a car they are interested in without having to deal with a salesman firstoff. The other even I attended was a Volvo one promoting the new S60 R and the station wagon version also. That was a great even as we got to compete against all the other people in the group for the best lap time. That was held right in Cicero right by the race track.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Destro said:
Yeah it was pretty cool. When we first got there the wait time to drive the H2 was 45+ mins :lookinup: We went and drove the vettes first as the line for the manual was MUCH shorter then all the people who needed to drive an auto :D Plus the auto werent Z06s and what fun would that be:D J/K This is the second event that I have attended and it is a good idea to help sales I think as most get to test drive a car they are interested in without having to deal with a salesman firstoff. The other even I attended was a Volvo one promoting the new S60 R and the station wagon version also. That was a great even as we got to compete against all the other people in the group for the best lap time. That was held right in Cicero right by the race track.
Cicero.... Arlington? Are you in Illinois?:huh:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Destro said:
Yep, not to far from Ohare...Mt. Prospect :thumbsup:
I grew up in Mt. Prospect. I went to Hersey, lived at Kensington & River for 10 years. I used to hang out at Randhurst with my buddies and scope out chics.:smokin:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Patrick96LT4 said:
I grew up in Mt. Prospect. I went to Hersey, lived at Kensington & River for 10 years. I used to hang out at Randhurst with my buddies and scope out chics.:smokin:
Its a small small world :laughing: :D So you were close to the firehouse that is over there on Kensington and River. If ya ever get the chance bring the vette to Photos hotdogs right there on Saturday evenings as they usually pack em in when its nice out. Randhust has really gone into the dumpers with the businesses. There are soo many vacant stores in there now it isnt funny. They need to get some big name retailers to bring the business back. Part of their problem was allowing them to put a gameroom in there which brought the gangbangers in as well and drove away the paying customers.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Destro said:
Its a small small world :laughing: :D So you were close to the firehouse that is over there on Kensington and River. If ya ever get the chance bring the vette to Photos hotdogs right there on Saturday evenings as they usually pack em in when its nice out. Randhust has really gone into the dumpers with the businesses. There are soo many vacant stores in there now it isnt funny. They need to get some big name retailers to bring the business back. Part of their problem was allowing them to put a gameroom in there which brought the gangbangers in as well and drove away the paying customers.
Yep. I could see (and hear) the firehouse out my bedroom window. Lovely memories.:laughing:

I've been to Photos. In fact, I used to play in the field there before that shopping center was built. Heck, I remember when the church on the NW corner there @ wolf burned to the ground.

Randhurst is a dump. Although I could walk there, the cool place to be was Woodfield!

Man, could I tell you stories about Mount Prospect!!!!:surprised :laughing:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Patrick, I grew up in MP as well, but way down south by Golf and Mt. Prospect Rd. Went to Prospect High school. Couple places you probably remember, Sammy Scobals in town, great hot dogs, and down Rand Rd, was Lukes!:partyon: Awesome beefs and a giant sized bag of fries!:surprised Used to like PJ's majic shop for jokes and stuff when I was little too! Now my niece and nephew go to Prospect and my in-laws still live just off Kennsigton and a little west of 83:cool:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jimbonic said:
Patrick, I grew up in MP as well, but way down south by Golf and Mt. Prospect Rd. Went to Prospect High school. Couple places you probably remember, Sammy Scobals in town, great hot dogs, and down Rand Rd, was Lukes!:partyon: Awesome beefs and a giant sized bag of fries!:surprised Used to like PJ's majic shop for jokes and stuff when I was little too! Now my niece and nephew go to Prospect and my in-laws still live just off Kennsigton and a little west of 83:cool:
Just some useless info regarding PJs is the one owner was a pedophile and ended up getting busted trying to lure some little girl in back of his shop. This is going back many many years.

·
Registered
58 Posts
:surprised Serious?! I never heard about that! Hope he gets what he has coming! Namely a 7' 450 lbs cellmate named Bubba that hates pedophiles:nuts:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Yep, i remember PJ's... wasn't that on RT 12? I thought they later moved into the lower level at Randhurst until they went under? Long time ago.........

And yes, lukes rocks! I used to walk their every day practically during lunch period at school.

That bag of fries was HUGE!!!!!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After randhurst they moved out off of elmhurst and as far as I know they are still in business and are now located on rand road across from the mountain bike shop right before the ROTO dealer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts