Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leave it to Texas to do whats right...
----------------------------------------

Texas may well become the first state to take legislative action against the intrusive airport searches that have been in the news since November:

The Texas House of Representatives late on Thursday approved a bill that would make invasive pat-downs at Texas airports a crime, after a former Miss USA said she felt “molested” at the Dallas/Fort Worth airport last month.

Transportation Security Administration agents could be charged with a misdemeanor crime, face a $4,000 fine and one year in jail under the measure.

The proposal would classify any airport inspection that “touches the anus, sexual organ, buttocks, or breast of another person including through the clothing, or touches the other person in a manner that would be offensive to a reasonable person” as an offense of sexual harassment under official oppression.

The measure’s author, Republican David Simpson, said: “Indecent groping searches when innocent travelers are seeking access to airports and public buildings would be outlawed under this bill.”

The bill needs a final vote from the House before it would go to the Senate.

“This has to do with dignity in travel,” Simpson said.

TSA spokesman Luis Casanova said he could not comment on pending legislation. He said just 3 percent of the traveling public is subjected to pat-downs.

If it becomes law, this would most certainly become the subject of a court challenge since it seems to directly interfere in the jobs of Federal Government employees. Instead of suing, though, it would be better if the TSA would recognize that they are doing something wrong here.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/texas-house-passes-bill-banning-tsa-grope-searches/

·
I support glass stairways
5,955 Posts
Hell yeah! God bless this wonderful state!:thumbsup::partyon:

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
I like it. This will promt a dialog! I hope it gets signed into law.

Of course, any airport can decide to go private security where the airlines determine the level of screening. So this is a bit of a shell game.

·
DC Crew
20,694 Posts
If it becomes law, this would most certainly become the subject of a court challenge since it seems to directly interfere in the jobs of Federal Government employees. Instead of suing, though, it would be better if the TSA would recognize that they are doing something wrong here.
The government, admit wrongdoing? No way, lol. I hear ya, definitely a matter of time until a big incident happens that implodes the entire security groping mess.

I wish the consumer would reflect their displeasure by withholding their money from airlines until a satisfactory change was made. A widespread boycott by those who can do it, would be a strong notion but America consumers are too stupid to realize their own power.

·
I support glass stairways
5,955 Posts
The government, admit wrongdoing? No way, lol. I hear ya, definitely a matter of time until a big incident happens that implodes the entire security groping mess.

I wish the consumer would reflect their displeasure by withholding their money from airlines until a satisfactory change was made. A widespread boycott by those who can do it, would be a strong notion but America consumers are too stupid to realize their own power.
:agree: One month of even just half of America choosing not to fly, eat at fast food restaurants, and cancelling all cell phone contracts would be enough to ensure more than adequately priced airfare, cell phones that actually work the way they are supposed to, and great service at restaurants for decades to come...

·
Registered
12,410 Posts

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I'm personally OK with the groping - but only if I get some jewelery in return. :laughing:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
I would sue to have JAnet Incompitano and Nancy Pelosi strip-searched on national TV...maybe during the SuperBowl halftime...that would end it pretty quick.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
I would sue to have JAnet Incompitano and Nancy Pelosi strip-searched on national TV...maybe during the SuperBowl halftime...that would end it pretty quick.
but that would kill the superbowl....

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
but that would kill the superbowl....
:laughing:
Hopefully it wouldn't get that far...an out of court settlement. Then we could have Justin Timberlake 'grope' Janet Jackson again...:devil:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts