Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
People will still drive 55 mph down those highways. Here in Mass I get stuck behind some people driving 45 mph on these highways:crazy:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Hmmmm. I've lived in TX for most of my 60 years and I've driven all over the state. I don't remember seeing an 80 mph speed limit. The article says there are 520 miles of them. I haven't spent much time in far S or SW TX where it is no mans land. Maybe they have them there. :huh:

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hmmmm. I've lived in TX for most of my 60 years and I've driven all over the state. I don't remember seeing an 80 mph speed limit. The article says there are 520 miles of them. I haven't spent much time in far S or SW TX where it is no mans land. Maybe they have them there. :huh:
They do Tex. I drove out to PHX from NY by way of Texas a few years ago with my dad and there was a streach of the interstate well W of Dalas that was 80 MPH for a while. Of course I was driving a Buick Enclave while towing a U-haul trailer and couldn't do much over 65... :-/

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Now, if they could only master color photo technologies...

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

·
Employee of the Year
1,180 Posts
I live up in the very flat, sparsely populated part of the state & have yet to see the 80 mph limit.

Obviously we in Texas always go faster than anyone else. :devil:

·
Registered
5,146 Posts

I-10 west of Kerrville and I-20 west of Penwell

385 in Andrwes County is 75mph that's all I can name off the top of my head.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Speed limits are just guidelines here. On my last trip from Dallas to Houston on 45 I had the Cruise Control set on 90 cruising with traffic.

Going north on 75 is a different story:nuts:

:cheers:

·
Registered
872 Posts
Not sure if this would be good. Going fast is fun but more worried about the tons of piece of **** how the hell did that pass inspection cars you see around the metroplex. I can almost see one of those uninsured assholes breaking a suspension component and slamming right into me.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
At least now when I visit Texas, I can get my car out of second gear:laughing:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts