1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
awsuit says science behind 'global warming' claims is junk, discredited
By Jim Forsyth
Thursday, September 16, 2010
The state of Texas today sued the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency in a federal appeals court in Washington DC, claiming four new regulations imposed by the EPA are based on the thoroughly discredited findings of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change and are 'factually flawed,' 1200 WOAI news reports.

Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott says the rules are illegal and if imposed, will cost Texans in higher energy costs and tens of thousands of lost jobs.

"The state explained that the IPCC, and therefore the EPA, relied on flawed science to conclude that greenhouse emissions endanger public health and welfare," Abbott said. "Because the Administration predicated its Endangerment Finding on the IPCC's questionable facts, the state is seeking to prevent the EPA's new rules, and the economic harm that will result from these regulations, from being imposed on Texas employers, workers, and enforcement agencies."

The IPCC has become the laughing stock of science, with numerous revelations of sloppy research, science, and in one report, a prediction that glaciers would melt in 25 years was due to a researcher mixing numbers, and writing '2035' including '2350,' which was the year the glaciers were really expected to be in danger.

One of the rules imposed by the EPA would extend clean air regulations to the tailpipes of personal cars and trucks, but Abbott says the pollutants which the EPA aims to restrict by this rule aren't even found in internal combustion vehicles.

One of the rules, the so called 'Tailoring Rule,' would require that all Texas clean air regulations be 'tailored' to match federal rules by January 2, 2011, or the US EPA will impose it's rules on Texas.

"Today's court filings challenge the EPA's attempts to ignore federal law, impose their federally mandated deadlines and force Texas to spend millions of dollars advancing the Administration’s regulatory agenda," Abbott said.

http://radio.woai.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=119078&article=7606198

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
The EPA has been at Texas' throat since the day Obama took office. There is no doubt that we are getting payback from his administration for being a very red state. I hope Abbot does like the old TCU coach once said: Fight 'em till hell freezes over, then put on skates and fight some more. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
The EPA has been at Texas' throat since the day Obama took office. There is no doubt that we are getting payback from his administration for being a very red state. I hope Abbot does like the old TCU coach once said: Fight 'em till hell freezes over, then put on skates and fight some more. :thumbsup:
What about all the Mexican trucks going through the Texas Super-Highway Corridor who have zero emissions standards ... i.e. the Mexicans could give a damn about emissions protocols known as the Harmonization of Standards (NAFTA CAFTA) ...

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
You know that's exactly where I'm moving in the future

These people of the State of Texas are the only people that seem to make any sense to me these days :thumbsup:

Atleast they stand up for their Country and the rights of their citizens

I like some things the state of Arizona has going on too:nuts:

Thoe that's too much Desert for me lol

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
What about all the Mexican trucks going through the Texas Super-Highway Corridor who have zero emissions standards ... i.e. the Mexicans could give a damn about emissions protocols known as the Harmonization of Standards (NAFTA CAFTA) ...
It's a diesel motor... what emission standards ? -neither do cop cars -firetrucks -ambulances -state vehicles -etc.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
It's a diesel motor... what emission standards ?
How do you know ... have you been on the Texas border monitoring various reciprocating engines used by the Mexican Truckers by the millions and millions ?

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Brother... if California does not have emission regulations for diesels... sure as ****, Texas does not.

"millions and millions" is a purposeful exaggeration.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Brother... if California does not have emission regulations for diesels... sure as ****, Texas does not.
I see ... in other words you haven't been on the Texas border(s) monitoring the various reciprocating engines used by the Mexican truckers by the millions and millions ...

No, your azz gets pwn'd every two years at the local California emissions station ... too bad the fast and furious folks had to f***up your getting away with removing your cats now that it's *probable cause* for the loco gringos fascistos to run mirrors underneath the vette simply because it looks like one ...

:laughing:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
No... we still remove them. We just bolt them in as opposed to welding them in. Good for about 2 miles per gallon. -but the state still adds a tax for compliance.

Diesels have never and never will be compliant due to the very nature of how diesels burn the mixture. Overnight... deliveries of all products would quadruple in cost if they did.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I just can't Wait to see them "Prove Global warming

is not part of the planets natural Climate cycle

Ohhhhh also we will get to learn more about the Much falsified reports on Global Warming

GO Texas * * * * * * * * * * * * :nuts:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How do you know ... have you been on the Texas border monitoring various reciprocating engines used by the Mexican Truckers by the millions and millions ?
:laughing: More like a few hundred.. no where near a million. Mexico don't have a million running semi trucks, in total.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You know that's exactly where I'm moving in the future

These people of the State of Texas are the only people that seem to make any sense to me these days :thumbsup:
Come on down, low taxes, good economy and a hellofa lot less liberals, since the Texas teet is small and hard to get to..

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Come on down, low taxes, good economy and a hellofa lot less liberals, since the Texas teet is small and hard to get to..
Would I be considered a heretic since I'd root for the NY Giants, and not them Cowboys? :laughing:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
I just can't Wait to see them "Prove Global warming

is not part of the planets natural Climate cycle

Ohhhhh also we will get to learn more about the Much falsified reports on Global Warming

GO Texas * * * * * * * * * * * * :nuts:
They will definitely set precedence. :thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts