Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is some vid and some stills from the weekend at the track. My car was sick as you will hear but there is some footage of a LPE C5 TT duking it out with a C6 LPE Z06. Fast is fast.
Click here to watch TWS-424-1
Big upload until it is converted to Flash

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Mini was kicking ass.
It was a momentum course. The Lotus Exiges and S2000s were fast. A modded supercharged Supra tried to run with JP and SW. He caught fire as did a turbo Mitsi VR3000. A WRX went over hard and thankfully the driver walked away unhurt.

I was slow. My girlfriend saw it. I left her comments on the vid. I hear the engine low pitched sound in the video. I was way down on power with my ignition failing.

Great Chevy dealer in College station. Tom Light Chevrolet was top notch in fixing my car. Excellent mechanic sorted the problem and got me on the road incredibly quick.

Fun but I am looking forward to returning in June with a car trailer this time.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
Sorry to hear about the problems, but it sure was exciting to watch the vid.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is a hoot. I was sliding the car around turns at close to 100. In some turns you could set the wheel, dial in drift with the throttle and unwind the steering as you went WOT. It was especially exciting exiting the turn leading on to the bank. You were in a 100mph slide up the banking with the wall on your side.

It is a blast.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
NICE VID:thumbsup: It looks like yal ran the track backwards, did you run the infield or just the oval?

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We ran the old IMSA clockwise track. It is fast and fun. Once you get up to speed it is all throttle steer. My car was sick and still reached 150+ on the straight. Heavy precise braking and turn in required to turn a good fast smooth lap.

You sweep up on the banking early and run down the straight

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
The last time I was on that track was 1992 raced 8 Hr endurance CMRA AMA WERA. It still looks the same including the trash and beer cans I seen in one of the pics.:rolling: I can tell some funny storys about that place. looks like you had a blast. If you got more video please show :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
More pics

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

1 - 13 of 13 Posts