Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read several threads here on this conversion and this is what I gather:

It drops right in, the original cross member fits fine (maybe have to reverse it?) and the driveshaft does not need to be modified.

Is there anything else I am missing to make this conversion work? Extra parts, etc? How about the converter?

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
It's just about that easy. The only other thing you need is some way to control the lockup convertor. That can be as simple as an on-off switch, or you can set it up with a speed/vacuum controlled system, or there are lots of other ways too. It gets a little tight around the cooler lines but no anything that's impossible.

You can even use the stock shifter detent- the only thing you can't do with that is select manual low. It will only allow manual 2 so it's still going to get the 1-2 shift.

·
Registered
332 Posts
my 79 has had a 200r4 put in it by a previous owner and all i can say is thats why i bought the car.man its unreal. even self healing,as it had a slipping spragg that i babyed for a while and now i can floor it again with no slipping.:thumbsup:mine also has the trans shifter kit that gives all the detents and sticker to go inside console over original shift pattern,also a adjustable tv cable mount to go on holley (very solid and fully adjustable):D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts