Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car ran so bad on Sunday the rain was a welcome end to my misery.

Is there a rain make up day?

Does this mean there weren't any points given?

Fine with me!
My ET's were all over the place as my trans was shifting from first to second like crap. Could not even get a dial in close!
Last time at Byron the car ran consistant 11.6 times and consistant 60' times.

Car getting trans work done THIS WEEK!

See ya at DaGrove...and look out!
Matt

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Matt383 said:
My car ran so bad on Sunday the rain was a welcome end to my misery.

Is there a rain make up day?

Does this mean there weren't any points given?

Fine with me!
My ET's were all over the place as my trans was shifting from first to second like crap. Could not even get a dial in close!
Last time at Byron the car ran consistant 11.6 times and consistant 60' times.

Car getting trans work done THIS WEEK!

See ya at DaGrove...and look out!
Matt
Hi Matt! Since we were rained out, we'll finish the brackets at our next date at GLD.

Get your car fixed by then!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Matt just a suggestion here, take the trans to Chuck Johnson @ FLP in Naperville. The Buick guys seem to be pretty happy with Jimmy's work but that's where it ends. I had a guy with over 13 years experience building 200-4R transmissions rebuild the 700R4 in my Camaro, he had to re-do it 3 times in one year before I finally decided to cut my losses & take the car to Chuck. He did it once.
Chuck has alot of experience building 700R4/4L60E, & TH400 race transmissions. He does awsome work.
good luck .

http://www.flpexhaust.com/

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: Thanks for the rain.

Patrick96LT4 said:
Hi Matt! Since we were rained out, we'll finish the brackets at our next date at GLD.

Get your car fixed by then!
OK.
So the track basically closed after the first round of elims.(rain)
That means at GLD you're going to run 3 or 4 elims depending if every one from Byron who went into the second round makes it to GLD.
THEN you start the GLD races?

Just wondering:huh:
Matt

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Thanks for the rain.

Matt383 said:
OK.
So the track basically closed after the first round of elims.(rain)
That means at GLD you're going to run 3 or 4 elims depending if every one from Byron who went into the second round makes it to GLD.
THEN you start the GLD races?

Just wondering:huh:
Matt
That's about right. Don and I decided this would be the easiest way. The race schedule has been posted for month now and we figure those who are serious about the event will be working to make them.

So, if we throw out a rain date for two weeks from now, they may or may not be able to make it. We think this would be the fair way to do things.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Tim.
Matt

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
vettn94 said:
Matt just a suggestion here, take the trans to Chuck Johnson @ FLP in Naperville. The Buick guys seem to be pretty happy with Jimmy's work but that's where it ends. I had a guy with over 13 years experience building 200-4R transmissions rebuild the 700R4 in my Camaro, he had to re-do it 3 times in one year before I finally decided to cut my losses & take the car to Chuck. He did it once.
Chuck has alot of experience building 700R4/4L60E, & TH400 race transmissions. He does awsome work.
good luck .

http://www.flpexhaust.com/
Thanks!
I've got a govenor ready to swap out. I'll let Jimmy do it, take it to test and tune night at GLD and keep my fingers crossed.
If that doesn't do it, I'm on the phone to Chuck!:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts