1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recived this E-Mail from the DC lab.
WTF not sure how to take this.

Hello,
I wish I could afford a THIRD fast car but I am tired of getting beat by Vipers. So the 96 goes for down payment on a new faster Vette. I noticed you are trying to make your Vette like my LT4 engine. I had the 96 GM LT4 Optional Hot Cam in my LT1 WS6 TA auto and this cam WILL run HOTTER (water temp) in a C4 if you drive in slow traffic for LONG periods of time you will not like where the Temp. gauge goes. My LT4 Vette runs hotter than I like with a 160 stat and the fans on.You will GAIN about 15 or so H.P. more than the standard LT4 cam and 20 more than a stock Lt1 GM cam. Thumps down?? Was that a slam? Good luck with your efforts to make your LT1 faster. LOL Louis

The info may true, but the :rolleyes: I can do with out.

Thanks... Denver:buhbye:

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
He may or may not have something there.

I did notice that my temps were hotter than I expected too. It was way off, coolant was in the 230-240's on a 90 degree day. I was hoping for maybe 185-190. :rolleyes:

All this time I put the blame on the headers. I had collector leaks blowing hot exhaust right in between the oil and trans pans. The header is too close to the oil filter making it an oil warmer. One member said his sure grip was bubbling on his oil filter. I saw that for myself first hand on a C5 with headers. You can pop the bubbles. :surprised

I'm going to address those problems on my car this winter and then I will know if it's the cam or not. That might take a while b/c my car has a limit. I don't know if everyone else is like this but when the air temps are below 72 degrees the car will stay cool. As soon as it hits 73 degrees the temps start to go up in a big way. There's no middle ground w/ my car.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Did you talk to him before you recieved that? In the E-mail he says"thumbs down?? was that a slam" Do you know what that is refering to?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
raidmagic said:
Did you talk to him before you recieved that? In the E-mail he says"thumbs down?? was that a slam" Do you know what that is refering to?
No, the only thing I know about "Louis" is that he is on this forum.
I belive the thumbs down is for the Hot cam.

War Machine, Thanks for the kind words about my picture.:buhbye:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts