Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A federal jury on June 4 ordered Taco Bell Corp. to pay $30.1 million to two men who said the fast-food chain stole their idea for the advertising campaign featuring a talking Chihuahua. Thomas Rinks and Joseph Shields sued Taco Bell in 1998, saying they pitched the idea for a character called "Psycho Chihuahua" more than a year before Taco Bell began broadcasting the dog commercials in 1997.

(AP/Taco Bell)

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
yeah i heard that last night...serves them right they could have ripped the two guys off in the begining and payed them a few grand for the idea

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,415 Posts
Shades of IBM. If memory serves me right, back in the 70's Bill Gates offered to sell IBM his operating system for something like $65,000. and they laughed at him.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
IBM didn't see the future of home computers so, they were not interested in purchasing MS-DOS from Gates.

They genius part was Bill was working on a project for them and as part of the contract, Bill/Microsoft kept ownership of the software. :laughing:

To top this story off, Microsoft didn't create DOS, it was a guy from Seattle (I think) that created it. Bill Gates bought the rights and the software from this guy for a few grand.

I need to find a deal like that.

$30 million for stealing an idea, I hope Taco Bell has learned a lesson. :laughing:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Taco Hell. That's how I feel about an hour after eating there.

You eat there??? :laughing: :laughing:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts