1 - 20 of 1030 Posts

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Ponch,

Not fair.

Those are all div1 teams.

Louisville is 1A

I mean really..can you imagine Louisville on the same field as Ohio state, Bama, LSU etc?

Then again, Appalachain State did upset Michigan a few years ago:laughing:

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Surely Louisville has a top 12 team in some sport.............lacrosse? Table tennis? Pole smoking?

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
college football sucks

·
Iron Fist in a Velvet Glove
5,157 Posts
Ponch,

Not fair.

Those are all div1 teams.

Louisville is 1A

I mean really..can you imagine Louisville on the same field as Ohio state, Bama, LSU etc?

Then again, Appalachain State did upset Michigan a few years ago:laughing:
Just because Louisville is in the ACC doesn't mean that it can't be on the field with those other teams.

And they kind of have to be - they're part of Division 1 - FBS, just like the University of Illinois (well, U of I shouldn't be on the field with Ohio State, Bama, and LSU either!).

I don't think there is any more Division 1A at the college football level, is there? Didn't that go away with the creation of the FCS?

Steven

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Just because Louisville is in the ACC doesn't mean that it can't be on the field with those other teams.

And they kind of have to be - they're part of Division 1 - FBS, just like the University of Illinois (well, U of I shouldn't be on the field with Ohio State, Bama, and LSU either!).

I don't think there is any more Division 1A at the college football level, is there? Didn't that go away with the creation of the FCS?

Steven
My comment was an attempt at humor and a slam against louisville and it's fans (read Junk) and hopefully most people took it as such.

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Steven
Division 1A is now Division 1FBS and Division 1AA is now Division 1FCS. Either way, Louisville isn't one of the 12 most relevant teams :laughing:

·
5,157 Posts
My comment was an attempt at humor and a slam against louisville and it's fans (read Junk) and hopefully most people took it as such.
And mine was a slam not just against Louisville, but against the ACC as well. And since U of I is such a pathetically weak team (and I live in Illinois), I couldn't help but toss one at them.

Actually, my favorite team is on the list (#7), and I got to see them whup up on Louisville at the Belk Bowl!

GO DAWGS!

Steven

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts

Hey Ponch, those teams you've named COMBINED don't have as many titles as we have in OTHER sports! Alabama is a ONE TRICK PONY who Louisville DEMOLISHED the last time they played! Do you need another reminder?

Let's see what your other schools have done in OTHER sports! Recently, Louisville had the BEST overall college sports record in ALL sports over the last 4 or 5 years! None of the schools you named come even CLOSE! Look it up!

Don't belong on the field with the big boys? Look!

"Best in College Sports: Ohio State, L'ville, UCLA lead 2014-15 Rankings"

NO 'BAMA! :spanked:

How many players were drafted to the NFL last year from 'Bama? Not More than Louisville!

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2015/05/02/dubose-gaines-mount-nfl-draft/26779015/

I could go and on but booty is a callin'!

·
5,157 Posts

Hey Ponch, those teams you've named COMBINED don't have as many titles as we have in OTHER sports! Alabama is a ONE TRICK PONY who Louisville DEMOLISHED the last time they played! Do you need another reminder?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxXKgfjbBnA

Let's see what your other schools have done in OTHER sports! Recently, Louisville had the BEST overall college sports record in ALL sports over the last 4 or 5 years! None of the schools you named come even CLOSE! Look it up!

Don't belong on the field with the big boys? Look!

"Best in College Sports: Ohio State, L'ville, UCLA lead 2014-15 Rankings"

NO 'BAMA! :spanked:

How many players were drafted to the NFL last year from 'Bama? Not More than Louisville!

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2015/05/02/dubose-gaines-mount-nfl-draft/26779015/

I could go and on but booty is a callin'!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xgDSg_MK9s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WeoVDbXCOU
Who cares about college basketball? Boring.

Recall that the topic is college FOOTBALL, not football plus a few other unimportant sports.

But since I like to give credit where credit is due, I will tell you that I absolutely LOVED that Sugar Bowl appearance by Louisville - they destroyed a Florida team that never got their heads in the game, and Teddy B was fantastic.

I think Grantham is an idiot, and Petrino has repeatedly demonstrated his moral bankruptcy, so if you'll get rid of those two, then I'll root for Louisville again (except when they meet up with the Bulldogs of course!).

Steven
Steven

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Petrino went 49-7 during his first stint here at Louisville so getting rid of him is going to be like making Notre Dame give up their TV contract and join a conference. Same with the D coordinator. He's getting a million plus to be here so he definitely ain't leaving. But I'll tell you what. Petrino is taking on all comers so The 'Ville will meet up with Georgia again... that's IF Georgia will agree to play them. :D

·
5,157 Posts
Petrino went 49-7 during his first stint here at Louisville so getting rid of him is going to be like making Notre Dame give up their TV contract and join a conference. Same with the D coordinator. He's getting a million plus to be here so he definitely ain't leaving. But I'll tell you what. Petrino is taking on all comers so The 'Ville will meet up with Georgia again... that's IF Georgia will agree to play them. :D
I don't think that UGA is afraid of Louisville. Florida probably is, but not the Dawgs.

And if you guys are happy with Penistro - leaving the Falcons like he did, then embarrassing himself and shaming his family in Arkansas, then it's OK with me. It just doesn't seem like that's the kind of man that you'd want coaching your kids.

And Grantham will soon show that he's not going to be worth much. His record at UGA was pretty good his first year, then went downhill from there. I suspect it won't take long for him to wear out his welcome at Louisville - but we'll see. Maybe playing in the ACC will be a better fit for Grantham than the competition in the SEC.

Steven

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
It's interesting that you bring up the ACC/SEC thing. Take a look at this. Damn vBulletin software won't allow me to embed a tweet:

Click here

Look at where little ol' Louisville lands. This was a C-USA team not too many years ago and was 3 points from playing for a national title in 2005. Louisville football is going places! The other sports have pretty much already been there! This was 2 years ago! Louisville is collecting hardware like nobody's business in 4 different sports!

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Ponch, those teams you've named
I didn't name those teams, Dustin Tackett did.

Alabama is a ONE TRICK PONY who Louisville DEMOLISHED the last time they played! Do you need another reminder?
Living in the past again?

Louisville had the BEST overall college sports record in ALL sports over the last 4 or 5 years! None of the schools you named come even CLOSE! Look it up!
Is tiddlywinks included in that?

I know reading with understanding isn't your strong point..... Alabama is on that list you posted.

How many players were drafted to the NFL last year from 'Bama?
Seven

I just looked at the pre-season AP and USA Today coaches polls and something is definitely wrong...... Louisville isn't in either one of them. :laughing:

Someday, not in my lifetime, Louisville will play for that National title and have a stadium that holds 101,000 people. :laughing:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
I didn't name those teams, Dustin Tackett did.
You posted that like this guy packs a lot of clout. So whi is this no name guy with an article to write?

Living in the past again?
That's because 'Bama has been running SCARED all these years from Louisville. They had enough in '91 and didn't want any more! Louisville had to bring the challenge to 'Bama a bunch of times before 'Bama would take the challenge. I guess they finally got tired of Tom Jurich calling them 'yella'! :laughing:

Is tiddlywinks included in that?
If it was, yaw would suck at that too! 'Bama is a one trick pony! :D

I know reading with understanding isn't your strong point..... Alabama is on that list you posted.
Compared to where Louisville is on that list, 'Bama is at the BOTTOM. :laughing:

Seven

I just looked at the pre-season AP and USA Today coaches polls and something is definitely wrong...... Louisville isn't in either one of them. :laughing:

Someday, not in my lifetime, Louisville will play for that National title and have a stadium that holds 101,000 people. :laughing:
It's not how you start, it's how you FINISH! Or did you forget.... :rolling:

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You posted that like this guy packs a lot of clout. So whi is this no name guy with an article to write?
I'm not sure but I think he packs more clout than you do when it comes to writing about college football. He's also a democrat, which I know you love so much and he did write a nice fluff piece about Louisville expanding the pizza bowl to 65,000.....only 35,000 more to go. :laughing:

As for the rest of what you wrote all I hear is Charlie Brown's teacher.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
... As for the rest of what you wrote all I hear is Charlie Brown's teacher.
That's because you have no retort! But we will see how much talking you do when 'Bama finally meets Louisville on the field again! It's already setup!

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's because you have no retort! But we will see how much talking you do when 'Bama finally meets Louisville on the field again! It's already setup!
Easy Tiger, let's just get Louisville through their 1-2 start this season before we look ahead 3 years.

As for not having a retort.....if I have to go back 24 years to find a highlight in a program my program hasn't been very strong. As for being 3 points away from playing for a national title 10 YEARS AGO they might as well been 100 points away because the bottom line is.....they didn't play.

Oh wait, let's get the poster we made to show that we made the college baseball world series...... even though we didn't win it. :nuts:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
... Oh wait, let's get the poster we made to show that we made the college baseball world series...... even though we didn't win it. :nuts:
ONCE IN HOW MANY YEARS? That's standard operational procedure for us! Same with soccer, women's b-ball and men's! You see, we ain't no one trick pony like 'Bama. We are relevant all over the college sports spectrum year round, NOT just once a year.

So you're predicting a 1-2 start huh? I can see where you may come to that conclusion but that's why they play the game! Let's see what happens! :partyon:

1 - 20 of 1030 Posts