Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

141 - 160 of 1030 Posts

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
That's because that is all that has to be said about SEC schools! You all are one trick ponies! Can't stand the truth, eh? :laughing:
#1. I don't care about any other college sport except football.

#2. SEC one trick ponies. What about Big10?
Michigan, Michigan State, Indiana all suck in basketball I presume?

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
#1. I don't care about any other college sport except football.
How long has it been since Ohio State did anything in basketball worth talking about? You all were just a stepping stone on Louisville way to the tourney! That's why you don't care about anything else! :laughing:

#2. SEC one trick ponies. What about Big10?
Michigan, Michigan State, Indiana all suck in basketball I presume?
Are you a Michigan, Michigan State or Indiana fan??? I can't believe that an Ohio State fan would even type the words "Michigan!" What kind of fan are you that you would vouch for Michigan??? :huh:

As for those teams minus Indiana, I think we dusted them off on our way to our third title! :partyon:

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
This thread is about relevant teams in college football of which Louisville is not one. If you'd like to take a trip down memory lane with all your videos of times gone by please feel free to start another thread. Until them Louisville remains about as relevant in college football as global warming is to conservatives....... not even on the radar.

Attendance for the Houston game 50.019. Perhaps they should rethink the expansion, that would have left 15,000 empty seats. :laughing:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Oh, is that what this thread is about? If that's the case, why have you spent all this time trying to prove how relevant your OTHER sports are? :rolling:

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
I just sent this to the AP:

Dear AP:

I just reviewed the AP top 25 poll and clearly there seems to be an error. Louisville is missing from the poll and there isn't even a record of them receiving any votes at all, clearly this must be mistake. Are you aware they are collecting hardware like nobody's business? Are you aware they were three (3) points away from playing for the national title in 2005? Certainly you are aware they beat Alabama back in 1991. I ask of you, are these highlights not evidence enough that there is a grave injustice being perpetuated here? I beg of you, for the sake of all humanity, please take a look at this so that all Louisville football fans can sleep in peace. I thank you for your prompt attention to this matter and leave you with this factoid....Little Caesars has better pizza than Papa Johns.

Sincerely,

Poncherello

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Aw... that was sweet of you Ponch. I'm going to send you tickets to join me in one of our many other sports. Or, you can join me at the UK football game this year. I'm predicting the usual outcome...

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
How long has it been since Ohio State did anything in basketball worth talking about? You all were just a stepping stone on Louisville way to the tourney! That's why you don't care about anything else! :laughing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPua2AG26LE

Are you a Michigan, Michigan State or Indiana fan??? I can't believe that an Ohio State fan would even type the words "Michigan!" What kind of fan are you that you would vouch for Michigan??? :huh:

As for those teams minus Indiana, I think we dusted them off on our way to our third title! :partyon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy6k5MJ6Ic8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7Gl3V-WEz0

Junk,

I hesitate in posting this as it may seem a bit over the top for you.

Because of my sports oriented business, the sports oriented charities that I am on the executive boards of, and my college buddies, I have friends that are or have been, head coaches or coordinators for multiple college teams. I know and am friends with several NFL owners and coaches, past NFL players, MLB players, NBA players, NBA owners, NHL hall of famers, NFL hall of famers, Olympians, race car drivers, etc.

(You will NEVER see me post a selfie with any of them, I like and protect my privacy and intend to keep it that way.)

Therefore I have allegiances to MANY teams as I have friends on staff and it is hard to root against them if you will.

Some of my college football favorites go way back and have not been in the national picture for years, like Nebraska.
Do you see me posting all sorts of crap from 90's when they were national champs? No. I still root for them however.

I am an Alabama fan too. Why?? Because they are a class act organization that donated all sorts of memorabilia to our charity, and will continue to do so. I have been to Birmingham and they treated us first class. I still have an autographed football.

Surprisingly nobody I know was ever associated with Louisville. Plus, you are so much fun to spar with over your steadfast allegiance to Louisville.

So no, I am not an "Ohio State" fan as you put it, but they are one of many teams that I follow.

I know this is hard for you comprehend as you think you have to declare ONE team/school and live or die with it.

Good luck with that.

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
... (You will NEVER see me post a selfie with any of them, I like and protect my privacy and intend to keep it that way.)
And Brian and I are Donald Trump's media adviser! :laughing:

You know who this Hall of Fame coach is? Aw damn, I made it too easy. His name is on his sweater!

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
And Brian and I are Donald Trump's media adviser! :laughing:

You know who this Hall of Fame coach is? Aw damn, I made it too easy. His name is on his sweater!

Like I said, I hesitated in posting that.

I knew you couldn't comprehend or respect where I am coming from.

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
. Or, you can join me at the UK football game this year.
That's generous considering tickets aren't hard to come back with so many empty seats each week.

I'm predicting the usual outcome...
Which is what? You crying that your team shot itself in the foot yet again or that they went into prevent to early instead of playing aggressively?

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
That's generous considering tickets aren't hard to come back with so many empty seats each week.
Uh... that was Commonwealth Stadium, where your FELLOW SEC brothers play. If it ain't full, blame UK!

Which is what? You crying that your team shot itself in the foot yet again or that they went into prevent to early instead of playing aggressively?
I predicted the score in the video. ;)

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
Uh... that was Commonwealth Stadium, where your FELLOW SEC brothers play.
So you are suggesting that tickets at pizza stadium aren't plentiful? Let's do the math, shall we?

Since 1998 there have been 109 football games there. There is a capacity of 55.000, a simple look at the ten largest crowds in stadium history shows the following:

1.55,428 vs. Miami, September 1, 2014
2.55,414 vs. Florida State, October 30, 2014
3.55,386 vs. Kentucky, September 2, 2012
4.55,332 vs. Ohio, September 1, 2013
5.55,327 vs. Kentucky, September 4, 2010
6.55,215 vs. UCF, October 18, 2013
7.55,168 vs. Rutgers, October 10, 2013
8.55,106 vs. Cincinnati, October 15, 2010
9.53,647 vs. Eastern Kentucky, September 7, 2013
10.53,334 vs. North Carolina, September 15, 2012

Looking at number 10, one can deduce that the average crowd is not more than 53,334 at any one game which leaves at least 1,666 seats available for most games. So seats are plentiful at home games and will be even more plentiful when the obviously much needed expansion is complete in two years.

As for Commonwealth Stadium, I couldn't give a rats ass if no one showed up there. Kentucky isn't a school I follow in anything except for when they whip the asses of Louisville in basketball.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
and the award for most useless irrelevant thread resembling
an argument between 6 year olds with down syndrome
goes to.....:rolling:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
... As for Commonwealth Stadium, I couldn't give a rats ass if no one showed up there. Kentucky isn't a school I follow in anything except for when they whip the asses of Louisville in basketball.
OH! So now you're into BASKETBALL! Wanna see our HARDWARE? :rolling:

141 - 160 of 1030 Posts